latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Migrate users from 2 sites to one

Home Forums Community Forum Migrate users from 2 sites to one

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ryan Carter 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 8:18 pm #55165

I launched my new site over the weekend knowing there was a few bugs that I thought i could iron out over the weekend. Sadly i’ve not been able to and now I’m really stuck as to what to do. Then I remembered i’d bought the plugin so hopefully some premium support would be available. Here goes.

I have 2 user databases i’ve just moved onto my new domain – I used the wp-move plugin from codecanyon as this moved passwords as well (afaik s2member export/import doesn’t do so, please correct me if i’m wrong)

I need to edit every user to give them custom capabilities based on which site they came from. There will be a maximum of 3 kinds of CCap:

“racing”
“football”
“football, racing, golf, rugby”

I’ve made a note that user ID 1023 is where one site finishes (racing) and the other begins (football) So it should be easy to add in the CCaps when editing this in OpenOffice Calc.

I’m having a problem importing the exported file that i’ve changed things on, the first thing I wanted to do was to change the custom value URL so that the paypal IPN notifcations would line up with what paypal was pushing (i’m using the hack detailed here to change them as they come in – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/pre-existing-paypal-accounts-custom-value/ … I can’t get it working but that’s a different story, i’ll post a new thread for that problem)

This is how i’m opening it in calc btw – http://db.tt/aonCKIC6 are these settings OK?

When I import it, with info like below:

“4” “USERNAME” “” “jake” “LNAME” “jake LNAME” “jakeXXXXX@mail.com” “” “s2member_level1” “” “03/11/2013” “a:3:{s:5:””level””;i:1363XXXX40;s:6:””level1″”;i:XXXXX29340;s:6:””level2″”;i:XXXXX04959;}” “07/11/2013” “” “mynew.url” “I-XXXXXXXXXPL6” “paypal”

It wipes everything from the custom value field where it should be saying mynew.url, this doesn’t bode well when I need to update roughly 1500 members worth of CCaps & custom values.

Any pointers?

I’m more than happy to create you guys an admin account so you can take a look

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 8:32 pm #55170

This is how i’m opening it in calc btw – http://db.tt/aonCKIC6 are these settings OK?

Please use character encoding UTF-8 (Unicode); and set the text delimiter to a double quote please. That single quote you are currently using is most likely the underlying cause of this problem.

See also: Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software
See also: Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 8:47 pm #55174

Cool, that’s worked with some test data.

One more question – to make my life easier in calc i’d like to sort these by role and not ID (so i can just paste in CC), when I reimport this won’t have any negative effects that the ID’s arent in sequential order in the csv will it?

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 8:53 pm #55177

One more question – to make my life easier in calc i’d like to sort these by role and not ID (so i can just paste in CC), when I reimport this won’t have any negative effects that the ID’s arent in sequential order in the csv will it?

Nope, as long as the IDs remain in the same horizontal position (i.e. in the same column);
you can sort the rows however you like.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 8:55 pm #55178

Thanks Mike

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.