latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Modify Profile

Home Forums Community Forum Modify Profile

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 4:54 am #8525
Angela Zou
Username: angelaz

I started to create somewhat of a user system in the front end, and I’ve got a couple of questions here:
1- How can I include the avatar in the Modify Profile window?
2- Is there a built-in shortcode to obtain the current user level/capability?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 1:19 am #8570
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

1- How can I include the avatar in the Modify Profile window?

You can use the WordPress template tag: get_avatar()
See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_avatar

2- Is there a built-in shortcode to obtain the current user level/capability?

I recommend this Codex document for current_user_is()
See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/current_user_can

If you want to pull a Level # itself, for a particular User, you could also do this.

<?php
	$user_id = 123;
	$user = new WP_User($user_id);
	$user_s2_member_level = c_ws_plugin__s2member_user_access::user_access_level($user);
?>
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 2:51 am #9427
Angela Zou
Username: angelaz

thanks for the reply, but I also want to know how can I include the avatar in the profile and give an option to modify it?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 7:00 pm #9505
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Angela,

s2Member does not include a feature for modifying the avatar. The get_avatar() function that Jason pointed you to is a WordPress function.

If you want to allow users to modify their avatar, you’ll need create that customization yourself or find a 3rd party plugin that does that for you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.