latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

More about the –more– tag

Home Forums Community Forum More about the –more– tag

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 3:55 am #17913

On my site I have posts and articles in different languages.
Right now I am working on Dutch and English, more languages follow soon (German, Spanish, Russian).
What happens now is that non-registered readers see the more tag after the excerpt of a post. Once they click on it they are redirected to a membership options page.
What I would like to see is that depending on the language of the post the new visitor is then brought to a page displaying the subscription options in the language of that post.
let me give an example for this.

I have an article in English, the visitor sees that and clicks the “Continue reading” link. (s)he is then redirected to a page with the subscription possibilities in English.

Is there a possibility to make the more tag more flexible (to this purpose!) than it is now?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:15 am #17940
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Boudewijn,

Extending the functionality of the <!– more –> tag is outside the scope of s2Member’s support, however there is another way to handle this:

When s2Member redirects someone to the Membership Options Page, it includes several variables about where the redirection came from (which page was attempting to be accessed, level required, etc.). On your Membership Options Page you can read these variables to determine where the visitor might have been redirected from and then display the correct content (i.e., the correct payment options).

Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars) for more information, including several code samples that should help you get started.

Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 1:11 am #18003

AHA!! Thanks Raam, much appreciated! Will take a deep look into that. Right now I have some other work to do (Shear 80 sheep)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.