latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

mp4 not playing from within s2member file

Home Forums Community Forum mp4 not playing from within s2member file

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 12:18 pm #32261
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

**Chrome only!

Very strange issue. Videos from the s2member directory play fine in firefox but not chrome — *** but play just fine in chrome when not in the s2member folder.

here’s the link:
http://online.semantica-portuguese.com/series-1/lessons-13-24
login: test/test
Click any link titled: download for cellular

File doesn’t seem to load.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 6:41 am #32330

I could reproduce this in Chrome. I don’t know why it happens yet, though.

Are you hosting your files with Amazon or do you have them in the s2member-files folder?

Could you install a separate WordPress with s2Member only and try the file download with the file in the one you’re not using now? I’d like to see if where the file is hosted has anything to do with it. If you succeed, could you also try in that new installation, with the place where you are hosting now? That way we can also rule out a plugin conflict (since you’d only have s2Member in this installation).

Thanks!

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 8:23 am #32409
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

I’m glad you encouraged me to try this because indeed, the file plays just fine under the new installation — even AFTER installing/configuring all of the same plugins that were running on the other domain.

Does it really happen sometimes that something, somewhere gets thrown out of whack during a site’s construction?

Unless you’ve any other issues you suggest testing, i’ll start in and re-build the old site from scratch. BTW, in doing so should i simply wipe the directory clean or just the plug-ins?

thanks Cristián!

Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 7:32 am #32467

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help. :)

Yes, it happens that during the process something goes off and sometimes it’s harder to find what, than to reset the thing and start again. It’s simpler if you had not gone live yet, of course. But sometimes you can just do a few tests and just find the problem without having to do everything again.

You can try deactivating all the plugins in your existing installation and see if that fixes the problem. If so, that’d indicate a plugin conflict. Then you can try adding them one by one and test after each, that way you’ll know which is conflicting if the problem comes back.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.