latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

multiple accounts on 1 email

Home Forums Community Forum multiple accounts on 1 email

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #30785

i just realized my past set-up has multiple accounts set-up under 1 email at times – parents registering young children –
are there any problems with this and s2member

i have to email out all users to set-up new passwords under new system –

suggestions considerations concerns workarounds ?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:47 am #30869

This is not something s2Member regulates, it’s handled by WordPress. As far as I know, email addresses have to be unique. One email address can’t be used in more than one account of the same WordPress installation.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 10:26 am #30899

I have a plugin installed called allow mulitple accountsby scott reilly (reliably awesome) that is allowing multiple accounts on one email in wordpress right now and it is working as people are using a registration add-on in a form plugin with a registration module to register accounts, and i am allowing parents to register their multiple kids under their one parents email.

So it seems the plugin AMA reconfigures wordpress to allow this and i wondered if s2member would interfere but it seems like it will not – your hypothesis here?

if you do not here back from me on this it is probably working fine

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 5:58 pm #30949
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jason,

There are lots of things that might interfere with s2Member in that scenario, but it’s hard to know what without digging into that other plugin’s code and figuring out what it does. I’d say your safest bet is to test things extensively and see if anything breaks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.