latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple free membership levels?

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple free membership levels?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 3:28 pm #24768

Can multiple free membership levels exists? For example, I want to have Paid Level 1 and Free Level 1 that have access to the same content. Repeat for Paid LEvel 2 & Free Level 2.

This will allow me to sell memberships to companies and assign all their employees to the free account.

Thanks,

– Tyler

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 6:07 pm #24778
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tyler,

yes this is possible, although you would need the pro version in order to offer paid levels for free. Just remember, that you would be offering the level 2 paid, just free, so it doesn’t modify the level or add a new free level, you’re just giving away level 2 for free.

If this is not what you’re looking for, then I suggest you look into using custom capabilities (ccaps for short) which would allow you to separate the contents of level 2 paid and level 2 free. It wouldn’t technically be a level 2 anymore though.

You can check out custom capabilities in this video: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 9:39 pm #24822

To make sure I am clear, if I buy the Pro version I can offer content in the Level 2 membership as both paid (for indivdual users) and free (corporate clients whose company paid a flat fee for thier access).

To do this, I would create two membership levels and assign both membership levels to the content. Is this correct?

Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:36 am #24846
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If you create a paid membership at Level 2 with s2Member Pro and then you want to offer select users the opportunity to sign up for Level 2 at no charge, you can simply use a Free Registration form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms) configured to give access to Level 2. Then, you’ll place that form on a secret page and only give the URL to your corporate clients. That form will allow free registration and the users who sign up with that form will automatically be assigned Level 2 access.

The membership levels in s2Member are cumulative. This means that if you have content protected at two levels (e.g., Level 2 and Level 3), all Level 3 members automatically have access to content protected at Level 2, Level 1, and Level 0. However, Level 2 members do not have access to content protected at Level 3.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.