latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple sites accessing one PP acc

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple sites accessing one PP acc

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Alexander Schneider 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 12:22 pm #4641

Well I am not sure if this is a s2member question but anyway:

I want to have my payments for several sites processed by PayPal. But I have only one account there and I am wondering how I would setup s2member and the return URL für IPN/PDT integration?

Anyone has this setup working in real life?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 1:25 pm #4651
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Alexander,

It’s not currently possible to run multiple websites on one PayPal® account directly through s2Member because PayPal® only supports 1 IPN/PDT setup. It might be possible to run it through one central IPN, and have an auto-filled custom registration form, which you would check after the user is created. And use a custom success=”” attribute in your Pro Forms.

You’d then have to use cUrl or fopen() to send the user data to the appropriate website and have that file create the account on the appropriate website. This would take a significant amount of custom coding, however.

I recommend hiring a Freelancer to set this up for you on http://jobs.wordpress.net/ .

I hope you get your sites up and running as quickly as possible,

Bruce

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 4:28 pm #4668

Thanks, I also understood that PayPal is restricted in that way.

I would not want to customize in such a heavy way because this only creates hassle in case of updates on the different stakeholders involved.

What about the other options like ClickBank or Authorize.Net? Would that solve my problem.

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #4677
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Alexander,

After reading back through your previous post I realized that you are actually using the standard PayPal setup, correct?

In this case, s2Member can actually automatically set the IPN on a per-transaction basis, so you will need to leave out a PayPal® IPN and PDT in your settings, and allow s2Member to automatically set it through the buttons it creates.

If you do decide to switch to PayPal® Pro, a central IPN processor will need to be created, as PayPal® Pro does not allow transactions without an IPN set up. s2Member® has an example file in the s2m-pro-extras.zip file you should get with your s2Member Pro files. This can be customized with someone familiar with s2Member to work correctly with your sites.

You can find out more info about this by reading the More Information section under s2Member -> PayPal® Options -> PayPal® IPN Integration

Hope that helps,

-Bruce

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 5:29 am #4729

Thanks Bruce, will look into this.

BTW, I have purchased Pro and would definitely want to use the Pro forms. I thought only paying customers would have access to this forum though.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.