latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

multiple subdomains?

Home Forums Community Forum multiple subdomains?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Angel True 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 2:38 pm #41896
Angel True
Username: angeltrue

I have a membership site that will be using the Optimize Press theme and s2member to control content. This is on a subdomain “members” from my main website.

I would like to also use BuddyPress, or another social forum tool, to offer that type of option as well. Unfortunately Optimize Press is not currently compatible with BuddyPress.

Is it possible to create a separate subdomain “forums” and have the s2member privileges transfered over? I think this is different than multi-site because they will need to be different wordpress installs with different themes.

Basically, can s2member share user permissions across subdomains or from my main domain to a subdomain?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 11:42 am #41951
Angel True

Can anyone help me with this?

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 5:31 pm #41988
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Angel True,

I’m afraid s2Member can’t help in this regard. s2Member does not currently have any means to do this automatically I’m afraid.

It may be possible if you set up some scripts to do the cross-domain info management, but I can’t say for sure myself.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 4:01 pm #42333
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

Related KB article. See: Knowledge Base » Protecting Non-WordPress Content with s2Member

However, this may not work in the scenario you’ve described, because the other site will already be running WordPress® too it sounds like. I would recommend that you try to consolidate these areas of your site into a single installation of WordPress® (i.e. one wp_users table in other words).

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 4:05 pm #42335
Angel True

Jason,
I’m trying to consolidate the content but there is a compatibility issue with Optimize Press and Buddy Press. I checked in with Optimize Press and they said they are working on the compatibility issue and hope to have an update sometime early this year. For the moment I was just trying to find a work around.

I think I’ll probably just wait and add that feature to my site when the compatibility part is worked out.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.