latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple Submission Info and Payments?

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple Submission Info and Payments?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Nicolas Di Lollo 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 at 2:58 pm #62206

Loving the plugin so far!

I have a few question on one specific job I’m trying to do:

Running a film fest, and I have people submitting info for their film submission along with the usual registration stuff, using pro forms, and then paypal all on the same page

We want people the ability to add up to three different films but they have to pay more for each submission, yet we don’t want an overwhelming registration page for people who are only submitting one

Now I thought of a few ways to approach this but custom capabilities doesn’t seem appropriate or am I wrong?

So far I’ve figured:

One page registration with buy level one access pro form, and then redirect to thank you page that prompts to purchase additional submissions: once they purchase (level 2 or level 3) they can modify their profile which now shows them the additional fields for second or second & third films depending on what member level they bought

i also saw info on upgrading prompts after first member level purchase but can’t find it for the life of me now :(

conversely I could do three different payment buttons first and then go to the registration, but then why bother using pro-forms at all?

is there a more streamlined way to do this?

another question i have: since the information is virtually the same but needs different codes: film_title, and film_title_2; is there an easy way to copy all the fields I need, and then just edit who the field is viewable by rather than remake each section three times?

the reason i really love the capabilities of s2member is it will allow me to create a jury member level, and then special access to members about the program, etc

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 4:13 am #62225
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Carrie,

Loving the plugin so far!

Great! I’m happy you’re happy. :-)

Thanks for your questions!

I think you’re on the right track in the way you’re using Membership Levels here.

What I’d suggest doing is setting up Pro Form Wrapping. This is a relatively new feature so you probably haven’t seen this yet, but it’ll keep your checkout page more streamlined when you have multiple options available. There’s documentation on it here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Wrapping Multiple Shortcodes as Checkout Options

I would recommend checking out this part of the Dashboard as well:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

You’ll want to use these Shortcode Conditionals in conjunction with the wrapped Pro Forms so that Users that already have an account don’t get Pro Forms for New Users. You’ll want to show Modification Pro Forms here.

another question i have: since the information is virtually the same but needs different codes: film_title, and film_title_2; is there an easy way to copy all the fields I need, and then just edit who the field is viewable by rather than remake each section three times?

No, sorry. I’ll pass along Custom Registration/Profile Field cloning as a possible feature in a future version of s2Member.

I might suggest having your developer set up an external system for this using s2Member’s Conditionals here, just because this is not really what s2Member’s Custom Registration/Profile Fields are meant for. Especially if you don’t need Users to be able to enter this extra information on checkout.

Posted: Monday Dec 30th, 2013 at 8:27 pm #62262

thanks so much,

a tremendous help

i only have one weird bug

the director wanted the username supressed cause she finds it confusing so I followed the instructions from another post with the email-username mu plugin hack, and worked like a charm

but now with the optional checkouts it is showing up on all the other choices except the default

any ideas?

i also wanted to say, last year i was working on a project with a member site and the *developer* was charging my boss through the nose for her wordpress site, whose registration was a three page process!! no matter what I said, he kept convincing her that there was NO Plugin that allowed us to do what we wanted, and kept making up some bullshit

i can’t wait to see her next week and show her how easy it was for me to set this all up: a god send

Posted: Monday Dec 30th, 2013 at 8:39 pm #62263
Bruce
Staff Member

Great! Happy that was a help.

the director wanted the username supressed cause she finds it confusing so I followed the instructions from another post with the email-username mu plugin hack, and worked like a charm

Do you have a link to that post? I’m not familiar with that hack.

Posted: Monday Dec 30th, 2013 at 8:49 pm #62264
Posted: Monday Dec 30th, 2013 at 9:02 pm #62265
Bruce
Staff Member

Gotcha. Yes I can see why this wouldn’t work with multiple Pro Forms, but I honestly can’t tell you an easy way to get Username to go through validation.

This is because s2Member does something similar to what you were asking about with multiple of the same fields in your post:

The hack that Raam posted here will only check for the first of these fields. If you need to bypass all of the checks for Username, you’ll have to check the number of options there are, and alter the JavaScript code snippet to work correctly with each of the options. The part of the snippet you’ll want to focus on is here:

$ (email).keyup (function ()
                            {
                                $(login).val ($.trim ($ (email).val ().split (/@/)[0].replace (/[^\w]/gi, '')) + randomNum.toString());
                            });

Another developer familiar with JavaScript could throw something together here, but it goes beyond what I can do in just a forum post, sorry.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 31st, 2013 at 12:02 pm #62303

ahaha! actually I found the answer in another thread thanks to the magnificent Raam Dev

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/hide-username-field-when-a-coupon-is-apply/

two last questions and I’m all sorted! Just in time for launch tomorrow too!!

so I’m not using paypal pro but express checkout with the pro form but can’t seem to be able to hide the billing as instructed with the code inserted in the styles.css

div.s2member-pro-paypal-form-billing-method-section {
display: none;
}

this theme does use a parent/child, in which the parent asks you not to modify it, but only the child instead…could that be the issue? it doesnt seem to matter which style.css i put it in — it doesn’t go away

am i possibly not putting it in the right section? what am i doing wrong :/

secondly, is it really true I do NOT need SSL hosted on my site if i’m using express checkout? should i have it anyway to protect the data entered in fields not related to payment? i’d rather not have it if I dont need to, but will keep it if it means making the info secure

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.