latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

My Account

Home Forums Community Forum My Account

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 12:36 pm #27089
Dean Coak
Username: deano123

Hi

We’re now using the s2member pro plugin widget and when you click on the ‘my account’ after you are logged in nothing happens. In the widget settings we see it has the %auto..% setting.

Just curious as to what this actually is/does? Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Regards

Dean

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 6:49 pm #27149
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

s2Member doesn’t create a ‘My Account’ page, so you would need to create such a page and then put the URL to that page in that box. You might want to put some basic information about their account on that page (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants) and/or put a Profile Modification form on there (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications).

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:03 am #27209
Dean Coak

Hi Raam

I don’t really understand this. I’m not a developer so this is probably why – my apologies.

When you login to the s2member pro’s sidebar widget it shows the following:

“name of logged in user”
“My Account”
“Edit My Profile”
“Logout”

I’m confused as to the send link being displayed. When you click “My Account” nothing happens. If a subscriber see’s this surely they would expect the link to ‘do’ something?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 3:49 pm #27250

Hi Dean.

Could you tell us what value you have in this setting for the widget? [hilite path]WP Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> s2Member Pro Login Widget -> My Account[/hilite]

Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 3:05 am #27291
Dean Coak

Hi Christian

The setting is %%automatic%%

Hope that helps.

Regards

Dean

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:25 am #27324

I see. It seems correct then.

Would you mind sending me your site’s info? I’d like to take a look at this. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:37 am #27326
Dean Coak

Hi Cristian

What is your email and I’ll create a user account for you?

Regards

Dean

p.s. I looked at that form and I don’t know the FTP details…

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 7:23 am #27327

You can enter fake info in the FTP fields if you don’t know them then. I don’t need FTP access to look at the widget anyway, don’t worry. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 am #27328
Dean Coak

Hi Chritian

I think I have sent you some details now.

Kind regards

Dean

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:58 am #27419

Got it. Thanks.

I see… Well, if you don’t have an Account page for your users (like a page where you display info related to his account (as done in this site, for example http://www.s2member.com/account/), you can simply remove that link from the Login Widget. Just leave that field empty and the widget won’t have that link.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:04 am #27421
Dean Coak

Hi Chistian

Thanks for this.

How do you create an ‘account’ page? Do you have to create a new page for every user? Can this not be an automated service?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:06 am #27422

Doesn’t need to be a separate page for each user, it can be a single WP page where you use variables to customize the data for each.

These may be useful:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:12 am #27424
Dean Coak

Think we will just remove the link :D

Thanks for your help Cristian.

Kind regards

Dean

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #27482

:)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.