latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

My members cant log on after WP 3.2.2

Home Forums Community Forum My members cant log on after WP 3.2.2

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 3:36 am #11662

Help I have a 2k Member database and after updating our site to 3.2.2. I will not allow the users to access the secure pages. Please help!!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 3:01 pm #11730
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Are the users receiving an error message upon trying to login? What does the error say?

Also, could you please try disabling all plugins except s2Member and testing again? It sounds like another plugin could be causing the conflict.

I’m running the latest version of s2Member Pro + WordPress 3.2.2 and I have no trouble logging in as a regular user.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 6:56 pm #11772

I am having the exact same problem. This morning I upgraded to 3.2.2 and lost all capability to edit an article. I was then told to deactivate all plugins, which I did. That brought back the editing capabilities, but my readers cannot log in because there login box has disappeared.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:42 am #11815

Do you have Deactivation Safeguards enabled? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards[/hilite]

Sharon, s2Member doesn’t touch the edit capabilities at all, much less an admin’s. It’s possible that some other plugin than s2Member, stopped giving the problem once deactivated. Try reactivating them one by one, testing after each, to identify the one causing it.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 1:49 am #11898

I have let the guys at Hostgator try to fix it and it just become a big mess. do you have a programmer I can pay to fix this for me?

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 3:45 am #11907

We don’t give that service, but you can send the login info so I take a look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

You can hire freelance developers in sites like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com.

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:10 am #11912

I just sent you my info!!!

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:27 am #11913

Thanks, I received it.

I tried logging in to the WP dashboard and got this error message:

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

Could you please apply this hack to get around it for now? http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15784#p52446

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 5:59 am #11920

thanks for checking that out but that’s not the problem. once you enter the site and try to click on one of the courses it sends you back to the enroll now page. it will not lets users accesses the content on those five pages.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:42 am #12020

I know that wasn’t why you started this support ticket, but I couldn’t login to see what was wrong because of that, so I was asking you to fix the IPs limit for me to be able to login and take a look. :)

Anyway, I’m guessing it’s fixed now, because I logged into the admin account and saw the protected pages. Logged out and then logged in with the user account you sent and could see the protected pages. Logged out and tried to open those same pages and was bounced to the Membership Options page. So that seems to be working fine.

Was something else wrong?

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 6:37 am #12032

the guys from Hostgator did get it fixed now I just still don’t know what happened. I still need to speak with a programmer from your company or someone you guys recommend because i need some modifications made to support my small company

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 12:36 pm #12061
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

We do not offer programming or support services for hire. s2Member support is only available through the Support Forums (please see s2Member® » Support Policy).

If you need to hire a programmer, we recommend posting a job at jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.