latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

My S2Member htaccess file has "deny all"

Home Forums Community Forum My S2Member htaccess file has "deny all"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:25 am #48481

I have been having problems with my website, and I had a sneaking suspicion it might be S2Member’s incompatibility with the latest Buddypress (1.7) that I am using. it just happened very recently after the Buddypress upgrade, and it has to do with my wp-admin page. i can’t directly access my admin dashboard. I have to go in through any other page, but not that one. Now something else has been affected that also is somehow linked to my not being completely recognized (probably through S2Member) as an admin. This just appeared this morning.

The htaccess file that I have within the S2Member “includes” folder has the following (only):

deny all.

Is this what is causing my problem, and if so, what code SHOULD I be having in there? I have upgraded to the latest version of S2Member & S2Member pro (Version 130406 + s2Member® Pro v130406). This is really screwing up my site. It’s not the plugins, because I tested for that already. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Maria

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:12 pm #48521
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

The htaccess file that I have within the S2Member “includes” folder has the following (only):

deny all.

I believe you’re talking about the deny from all command that s2Member uses. This is to prevent Users or bots from firing s2Member’s included PHP and JavaScript files. This shouldn’t be affecting anything through PHP or other server-side scripts because it’s only blocking Users coming from HTTP/HTTPS (i.e. through their browser).

Could you post the exact error you’re getting?

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 4:11 am #48544

it’s the following:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

This is what I receive when I log in to the site through wp-admin to get into my dashboard. Just started happening a few days ago.

Maria

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 7:41 am #48554

s2Member doesn’t manage access to the admin area, so it’s something else causing it.

Have tried deactivating plugins one by one and trying after each if the problem is gone? Or you can create a separate test installation of WP and start adding plugins one by one until you reproduce the problem. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If you say it started after BuddyPress’ update, I’d try that one first.

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 10:17 am #48572

I’ll try again, and do it one at a time. Thanks so much Cristian! I’ll let everyone know what happens.

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 10:22 am #48574

Hi:

I was using a plugin called Bad Behavior, and I just deactivated it and tried again, and it works! So I guess that was the culprit. Thanks for all your help!

Maria

Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 4:30 am #48609

Great! Thanks for the update! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.