latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need Basic Form Building

Home Forums Community Forum Need Basic Form Building

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Oct 21st, 2012 at 4:14 am #29188

I just inherited a site using s2Member Pro. It is a non-profit site supporting head and neck cancer. I have been scanning the documentation and videos but have been unable to find a “simple” step by step to build a simple form to sell tickets for a fund raiser. Up until now, my web building status would be “hobbiest.” I’ve found lots of stuff talking about how great the program is and everything it can do. But am at a loss to find simple instruction on HOW to USE the product. I am under a tight time constraint. Can anyone direct me to a text, a video or a book that will walk me through building a new “buy now” form?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 21st, 2012 at 5:57 am #29190
Steve
Username: harty

You might be better off using a simple email form plugin. Contact form 7 might fit the bill, free from the WordPress site.

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 9:11 am #29251

Hi Michael.

Since you mention “buy-now form”, I assume you’re talking about the s2Member pro-forms. Just go to the pro-form generator, adjust the options, and generate the shortcode for it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]

You can customize it further editing the shortcode attributes in your editor. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

Since you inherited, does it mean your payment gateway is already configured? If not, you should do that first: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details[/hilite]

I assumed PayPal, but the ame would be true for the Authorize.Net gateway, if that’s what you’re using.

And until you’re done with the tests and your transactions are working fine, please have logging enabled. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.