latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need help tightening up the registration form

Home Forums Community Forum Need help tightening up the registration form

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Charles P. 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 1:23 pm #25427

Greetings support team,

Thanks for all the recent help regarding getting the multi-checkboxes to line up nicely – that works great. We have a couple more questions/issues with the registration form. Please see the image below for what we need your help with. Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 11:38 pm #25534
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Charles,

Are you using the s2Member Pro-Forms? If so, you should be able to modify the templates in:
wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 12:38 am #25542

Raam,

Not using Pro-Forms. Can you steer me toward any tutorials about how to get the most out of Pro-Forms please?

Thank you sir.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 7:11 am #25555

Hi Charles.

Basically you copy the template for the pro-form you want to edit and put it in your theme’s directory, then you can point to it from the shortcode with the [hilite mono]template[/hilite] attribute.

Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> template[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 8:15 am #25564

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Charles P..
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 12:34 pm #25583

Raam and Cristián,

The registration form that I have created is quite long (I’m gathering LOTS of user data). As shown in the image above, all I really need to do is clean up some of its elements from an aesthetic standpoint. Cristián suggested that I create a custom template. This is completely new to me, so I need some beginner’s guidance. Can I take the existing registration form as I’ve currently created it (with all the data fields that I’ve built) and use that as a customizable template? Is there an easier way (perhaps just editing the underlying HTML)? What safe/easy options do I have gentlemen?

Also, to repeat the item in the lower section of the image above, can anything be done to move the section divider lines on the basic registration form so that they lead the new section (described in photo above)?

Thank you gentlemen.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 1:56 am #25665
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Charles,

If you’re using /wp-login.php?action=register as the registration page, then that’s the default WordPress registration page. s2Member hooks into it in a couple of different ways to add Custom Registration Fields that you’ve created, but the rest is controlled by the WordPress core software.

If you’re using the s2Member Pro-Forms, then you can modify the HTML templates in wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/ to customize the output of how things are displayed when showing a Pro-Form. Anything that isn’t customizable through the templates will need to be customized by hacking into the code or writing custom code that uses the WordPress hooks feature (there are lots of s2Member hooks available) to make customizations.

Using the Pro-Forms themselves is simply a matter of generating the necessary form and then copy/pasting the resulting shortcode into a WordPress page (a page you might want to call “Register”). Please see the Pro-Forms Quick Start guide in the plugin for more info: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Quick Start Guide.

Finally, as far as translating things and changing messages, you might also want to look into changing front-end messages and experiment with those.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 8:21 am #25691

Thank you for the guidance Raam. I will investigate further per your direction.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.