latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need help with Dropdown Button

Home Forums Community Forum Need help with Dropdown Button

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 4:11 pm #14628

Hi,

1. I created a dropdown button, that should set both duration AND amount. However it is not working correctly. Where is the error (currently time is not set at all)?

<!-- Instant Payment Notification & Return Page Details -->
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">
<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2">
<input name="page_style" type="hidden" value="openmtbmap.org" />
<input name="notify_url" type="hidden" value="http://www.velomap.org/?s2member_paypal_notify=1" /> 
<input name="return" type="hidden" value="http://www.velomap.org/?s2member_paypal_return=1" /> 
<input name="cancel_return" type="hidden" value="http://www.velomap.org/" />
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="EUR">
<input type="hidden" name="charset" value="utf-8" />
<input name="custom" type="hidden" value="www.velomap.org" /> 
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="1">

<!-- Configures s2Member's Unique Invoice ID/Code  -->
<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="<?php echo S2MEMBER_VALUE_FOR_PP_INV(); ?>" />
<!-- Identifies/Updates An Existing Member After Checkout -->
<input name="on0" type="hidden" value="&lt;?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON0; ?&gt;" />
<input name="os0" type="hidden" value="&lt;?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS0; ?&gt;" />
<!-- Identifies The Customer's IP Address For Tracking -->
<input name="on1" type="hidden" value="&lt;?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON1; ?/&gt;" />
<input name="os1" type="hidden" value="&lt;?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS1; ?/&gt;" />

<!-- Sets both Amount and Time  -->
<table><tr>
<td><input type="hidden" name="on2" value="Membership Duration Time">Membership Duration Time</td></tr>
<tr><td>
<select name="os2" onchange="document.getElementById('item_number').value = this.options[this.selectedIndex].level;">
   <option level="1::1 Y" value="1 Year">1 Year Access €20.00</option>
   <option level="1::2 Y" value="2 Years">2 Year Access €30.00</option>
   <option level="1::3 Y" value="3 Years">3 Year Access €40.00</option>
   <option level="2::5 Y" value="5 Years">5 Year Access €50.00</option>
   <option level="3" value="Lifelong (25 years)">Lifelong Acces €100.00</option>
</select>
</td></tr>
</table>

<input type="hidden" name="option_select0" value="1 Year">
<input type="hidden" name="option_amount0" value="00.01">
<input type="hidden" name="option_select1" value="2 Years">
<input type="hidden" name="option_amount1" value="00.01">
<input type="hidden" name="option_select2" value="3 Years">
<input type="hidden" name="option_amount2" value="00.01">
<input type="hidden" name="option_select3" value="5 Years">
<input type="hidden" name="option_amount3" value="00.01">
<input type="hidden" name="option_select4" value="Lifelong (25 years)">
<input type="hidden" name="option_amount4" value="00.01">
<input type="hidden" name="option_index" value="2">

<!-- Displays The PayPal® Image Button -->
<input alt="Donate a variable amount to VeloMap.org" name="submit" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-640-20110401-1/en_GB/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif" style="width:auto; height:auto; border:0;" type="image" />

</form>

Oh don’t look at the 0.01 price, that’s just for testing so I don’t need to cancel that much transactions…

2. How the heck can I change it if someone who want to pay more, gets the years he buys added to his current duration.

3. Well I don’t want to clutter the forum with more posts, How can s2member be configured (is there any support for this?) to send out emails asking members to click that exact button above, to prolong their membership, once 2 weeks prior to expiration, once 1 week prior, and on expiration?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  extremecarver.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  extremecarver.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 1:08 am #14663

You’ll need to use JavaScript if you want a single dropdown to modify several variables.

But even if you did, having the form like that is not the best option, because a user could edit it. It’d be best to handle it server side, where based on the select, the other fields are adjusted with PHP and then forwarded to PayPal.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 3:57 am #14744

okay, but what about Point 2 and Point 3….

both are even more important for me. (Remember in Europe many people have no credit card, and as such about 75% of my members don’t want or cannot get a subscription. It would be a huge pity if I lost 75% of my members in the second year, because paypal telling them, “you already paid for that product”… or me needing to write lots of emails by hand…

(of course first 2. needs to be working, then I need 3.).

Oh and 4. —- Could you write or point me to a tutorial how to handle VAT?
I would need customers inside the European Union (like 95% of my donators) to pay 20% VAT, but if they are resident of (main importance) Switzerland or outside European Union deduct the VAT. Now I know how to put the 20% VAT into the paypal button, but I don’t know how to get it deducted automatically for non EU residents….

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  extremecarver.
Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 4:46 am #14749

2. How the heck can I change it if someone who want to pay more, gets the years he buys added to his current duration.

If it’s a buy-now sale you’re doing, you can just sell them more time with the same button if you want. He has to be logged in to his account or the payment won’t be added to it. Make sure the setting for extensions is set to “yes”: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions ( auto-extend )[/hilite]

3. Well I don’t want to clutter the forum with more posts, How can s2member be configured (is there any support for this?) to send out emails asking members to click that exact button above, to prolong their membership, once 2 weeks prior to expiration, once 1 week prior, and on expiration?

This is not available yet, but we’re working on it. In the current s2 you’d need to create a customization that checks the EOT times daily and send emails based on that.

I would need customers inside the European Union (like 95% of my donators) to pay 20% VAT, but if they are resident of (main importance) Switzerland or outside European Union deduct the VAT. Now I know how to put the 20% VAT into the paypal button, but I don’t know how to get it deducted automatically for non EU residents….

s2Member Pro has a tax calculation feature, but for the pro-forms, not the regular buttons. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Tax Rate Calculations[/hilite]

I believe the tax configuration for PayPal Standard is over at PayPal. http://flyingcart.com/blog/how-do-i-use-my-paypal-tax-settings/

I hope that helps.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 5:07 am #14751

thanks for the quick reply…

I think I can handle the tax rate myself (paypal pro is still not available in Austria, and there doesn’t seem any indication it will ever be available in Europe except for UK AFAIK).

As for 2. please please put that on top priority. It’s a huge drawback for anyone using s2member…. I’ts a real PITA to set that manually. It’s like 2-5 minutes per payment to set that date right (you need to check old payment email, and then new to add it up)… You keep telling that it’s on the list since over 1 year but nothing happened here.

Oh and how to handle 3.??? Must I assume there is no way to do it right now? I think it should be a top priority for you, to somehow integrate automatic emails, or explain how to do it. For many people automatic emails could likely add 50% income in the second year, 75% for the third year, double income by 4. year…. (assuming you give memberships for 1 year duration, the more the shorter the duration of non revolving memberships).

I really like s2member, but if 2. and 3. are not possible, I will need to have a look around for other solutions to handle the payments.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 5:21 am #14752

For 2 there is a way to do it in the case of buy-now transactions, I wrote it in my previous reply.

If it’s a buy-now sale you’re doing, you can just sell them more time with the same button if you want. He has to be logged in to his account or the payment won’t be added to it. Make sure the setting for extensions is set to “yes”: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions ( auto-extend )[/hilite]

You mentioned not doing subscriptions, so you’re doing buy-nows, so you’re good. Subscriptions don’t have this setting yet, and we are working on it and it is top-priority.

3 is not yet a feature in s2Member, and it is a top-priority to add it, we’re working on it as part of the new s2Member being developed.

In the meantime the solution has been to integrate with an email service so you add the customer to a list for reminders around the end of the time he paid for. The problem with that is that if they add time, the email delivery won’t be adjusted dynamically as it will with the new system we’re creating.

That said, the solution I mentioned in the other post, would work. Buy-now transactions immediately set an EOT time in the user’s profile, so you can have a script run every day to check the EOTs of the users and if it’s in 15 days, or whatever you want to set it to, send him an email.

Sorry I didn’t explain well enough earlier.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.