latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need help with s2member PRO installation

Home Forums Community Forum Need help with s2member PRO installation

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 1:52 pm #30045
John Abadi
Username: jabadi

Hi,

I need help with a 1st time install of s2member PRO. I followed instructions from http://www.s2member.com/pro/#s2-pro-tabs and I believe I did everything to the letter however I am not seeing the PRO installed in my WP Dashboard.

This page says I will see the new PRO features in options panel, but I dont. It also says I should see BOTH s2m framework and s2m PRO in the PLUGINS page, which I do not.

I’ve made a quick video showing my screens and explaining this in more detail.

I am a newbie so quite possibly am missing something obvious. Not sure what to try next. Any help is much appreciated.

VIDEO: http://screencast.com/t/GdcczLaXQ1XI

jabadi

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  John Abadi.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 6:38 am #30136

I am having the same problem. I can’t even find directions on how to get the pro version to be installed with WordPress at Yahoo hosting. I still only see FREE options for the plugin, none of the pro settings.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:03 am #30139

Hi John,

in the video you show i miss something. S2Member Framework wasn’t installed.
Only Askimed plugin and only the s2membe-pro folder.

Before upload the “s2member pro” folder you need to install the s2member framework which is free.

Step by step instructions.

First

In your WordPress dashboard go to Plugins -> install new -> search for s2member -> install & activate

Second

upload you “s2member-pro” folder

Third

after that you should see the s2member framework on the left – if it was installed correctly

this should help

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:16 am #30144
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello John,

As Christian said, you only had the pro version of s2Member installed, make sure you also have the free version before installing the pro version.

Also, I noticed something strange in that setup, you had various plugins installed in your dashboard, but in your plugins folder I only saw 2, are you sure you are installing them in the same installation of WordPress?

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:06 am #30318
John Abadi

Christian, Eduan –

I’ve been playing with the framework version for several days, so I know it is installed correctly. However, you are right. I do not see anything under the plug ins folder. See http://screencast.com/t/EvAaAF9q5.

I assume I would expect to see a ‘s2Member’ folder there.

John

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:17 am #30320
Eduan

Well, I looked at that screenshot, and it seems like your plugins are at your root folder? Outside your WordPress folder? I would ask Yahoo what’s going on, cause that folder structure is all messed up if it were a traditional installation.

For now try putting s2Member pro (and free) in the same folder, see what happens.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:49 am #30398

I’ve been playing with the framework version for several days, so I know it is installed correctly. However, you are right. I do not see anything under the plug ins folder. See http://screencast.com/t/EvAaAF9q5.

I assume I would expect to see a ‘s2Member’ folder there.

The s2member Pro folder seems fine. Yes, you’re missing the s2Member Framework’s folders: s2member, s2member-files and s2member-logs.

s2Member Pro is an add-on to the s2Member Framework (the free version of s2Member), so you have to have that installed for Pro to work.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 10:14 am #30464
John Abadi

I solved this issue with help of my server admin. The folder was not in the correct place.

However, now there is a second issue blocking me. In my WP dashboard I now see a message
that says I need Framework version 121023 to run the Pro module. The framework I installed a few days ago is Version 120703.

What is the process for upgrading?

Has their just been a new release in just the past few days?

John

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 11:25 am #30475
John Abadi

I discovered the upgrade link in the WP dashboard. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 2:11 pm #30479
Eduan

Hello John,

Glad you could solve your problem. :)

Just for future reference, the process for upgrading is upgrading the free version automatically with WordPress. And for the pro version simply go in to your s2Member dashboard and you should see a notice telling you to enter your s2Member.com credentials in order for s2Member to upgrade automatically, or you can upgrade manually.

– Eduan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.