latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need MailChimp Integration Recommendations

Home Forums Community Forum Need MailChimp Integration Recommendations

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:52 am #7075
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

I’ve been attempting to integrate s2Member with MailChimp with little success. Maybe I am thinking about this wrong, but here’s my thinking…

1. s2Member needs to control registration, either through its pro forms or through any form that will do registration (at the free Level 0 of course), so that the user is entered into the WP database.

2. MailChimp integration needs to be a “WP Users -to- MailChimp List” integration where registrations made through the usual methods (see #1 above) populate the MailChimo list.

3. Ideally, this should be a synchronized integration; i.e., if I DELETE a user from WP Users, I should have the option to DELETE the person from MailChimp.

The trouble I’m having is that the WP Plugins that I find that seem to do this (even just #1 & #2) are outdated and don’t work with this version of WordPress, and all the other ones seem to ONLY create a form which populates ONLY the MailChimp list, and even those are not working well.

Any thoughts/comments on this? Autoresponder integration has got to be a key issue with membership software!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Randy King.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 12:35 pm #7087
cassel
Username: cassel

I integrated MailChimp seamlessly with s2M. I am no tech, but go in the API/List Server > MailChimp Integration , add the MailChimp® API Key and then finding the ID number for your list that you create in MC and entering it in and there you will decide if you want the member`s name into the list for which level.

I am pretty sure it meets your first two requirements. For the third one, i am not sure. Hope it helps.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 1:25 pm #7090
Randy King

OMG – retitling this under the heading of “RTFM”. Lol! Thanks, Cassel – of course! This is exactly what I needed. That’s what I get for just diving in and not going through the whole thing. Well, you just made my day, thank you very much!

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 2:03 pm #7091
cassel
Username: cassel

Glad it helps. And you will see, it is VERY easy to integrate! Good luck.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 8:10 pm #7126

Thanks for your help, Cassel! :)

Randy, for point (3), please look here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Automate Unsubscribes/Opt-Outs[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm #7172
Randy King

Yes, thanks Cristián – amazing what you find when you start reading the docs. s2Member is such a comprehensive system that it takes awhile to drill through all of it. Fortunately, it’s laid out pretty well, so the learning curve is not awful either.

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 9:58 pm #7204

Great. :)

Thanks a lot for the nice words.

Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 10:51 am #7225
Randy King

You are welcome. I’m no newbie to membership integration inside WordPress – have done a lot of it with InfusionSoft as the back-end management system. s2Member is by far the cleanest, most easy to implement membership system that I have seen to date. You are providing an enormous amount of value for free, so it’s really a no-brainer to step up to the Pro version. I did so mainly to vote my support – the free version would have done what I need to get done.

You are living the success model that has new-age companies blowing the doors off. As Eben Pagan says, “give your best stuff away for free” – people who get it will be stepping up all over the place to support you.

Keep it up – you’re on the right track in my opinion. And you can share this opinion with whomever you want.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:41 am #7392
Staff Member
@Randy King – Upgraded to Experienced User. Thank you :-)

Thanks for the KUDOS and your support Randy, we appreciate it!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.