latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need to use different WP registration page.

Home Forums Community Forum Need to use different WP registration page.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Dave Grant 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 4:32 am #56144
Dave Grant
Username: davefft

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 7:50 am #56340
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sorry for the delay in response.

@davefft

How can i change that email link to point to wp-login_new.php? I’ve look everywhere, but no luck. I’d keep looking but my client’s sites s2Member functionality is not working so this is urgent.

You can change the link manually here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -› New User Email

You will need to change it so that s2Member is allowing you to edit the emails there. It should be pretty simple to make this change, but let us know if you have any problems. :-)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:20 pm #56382

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@davefft

Due to a brute force attack (that is still going on) on wp-login.php, my hosting company has blocked wp-login.php and created a workaround that uses wp-login_new.php for all WP admin access. After any form we’ve set-up is submitted on s2Member the confirmation email includes a link back to wp-login.php for access.

Did you configure s2Member’s Brute Force Restrictions?
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions
See also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions

There’s also a video here that goes over this quickly.
Posted: Monday Aug 26th, 2013 at 4:37 pm #58703
Dave Grant

Mike, yes I did configure it. The problem was that WestHost was under a massive brute force attack and just blocked wp-login.php on all sites on two of their servers. They wouldn’t unblock my site just because I have protection in place.

Posted: Monday Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:30 pm #58708
Dave Grant

Thanks for the info Bruce! That worked. Is there a way to change the Pro Login Widget so that it uses the same alternate login URL? I can easily modify the Sign-Up link and the logged-in links for Account, etc., but I can’t seem to find a way to change the Login/logout URLs. Any possible way?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.