latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New forums, phpBB integration rumor

Home Forums Community Forum New forums, phpBB integration rumor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Sunny Day 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 1:08 am #4536
Sunny Day
Username: readyzee

So with the new s2Member forums would the rumored phpBB integration be a thing of the past? Not that I expected it but it seemed a nice possibility. If that won’t be happening (again, no blame) might I ask why you abandoned to old phpBB forum format? Security? Integration, etc?

I recently switched my site over to simplePress and rather enjoy it (works well with s2Member) but I do miss the general speed and functionality of phpBB.

Any answers are appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:52 pm #4702
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

Nope, not out of the picture, you’ll see this feature added one day soon. We moved away from phpBB just because it’s a separate application, which does not integrate as deeply with our other offerings.

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:25 am #4721
Sunny Day
Username: readyzee

Thanks for the info Jason. I’m pretty well ready to pull the trigger on phpBB when you guys open up the bridge. Really – the big deal will be connecting the database/members from s2Member to phpBB. if that is on the table for integration then I’m one happy camper. Right now simplePress is doing a great job of creating a pretty lively offering so I may have impetus to stay with it if/when phpBB becomes and option.

THANK YOU!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.