latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New improved payment gateway API

Home Forums Community Forum New improved payment gateway API

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Robert H. 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:30 am #21211
Robert H.
Username: robaggio

Hi,
when is the approximtate release date of the improved payment gateway API. Is it based on the current available PayPal IPN proxy solution?
I need to have a new payment gateway for s2member programmed. I just want to avoid double work when the improved API gets released shortly.
Thanks
Robert

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:25 am #21322
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Robert,

I don’t have any information on a release date for the next major release of s2Member, but I know we’re hard at work on it and nearing a beta release. I will send Jason (the lead developer) a note about your question regarding the API and see if he can offer any insight.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 4:15 am #21334
Robert H.

Thanks Raam

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:18 am #21516
Robert H.

Hi Raam,
I did an extensive research on payment gateways with subscription capabilities. The problem we have here in Europe is that all of your provided gateways are not suitable for EU based countries (except UK).
For example,
Paypal Pro: not working in EU (only UK)
Paypal Standard: stupid 20% rule which basically prohibits membership upgrades and payment method is only credit card
AliPay: only China
Authorize.Net: only USA
ccBill: only USA
Google Checkout: not working in EU (only UK)
ClickBank: only in US Dollar, acts as reseller (not everyone wants to have that)

Therefore, there is not one acceptable solution for Europe (not including UK in this case). You should really consider to create a payment gateway for EU based payment provider.
For example Skrill/Moneybookers – they have 29 million current members and growing. It should be fairly easy for you guys to implement this.
Link to their API doc
A second big European payment provider with subscription capabilities is Ogone.

I know you working on a improvement of your payment API but you should keep in mind that you are loosing out with potential European customers.
If I compare you with the Magic Members Plugin, they already support Moneybookers and Ogone. I already purchased your s2member Pro but I have to consider to switch over to Magic Members because of this.

I read a lot of German online marketer forums and comments and they all prefer s2member or Digital Access Pass as their number one WordPress membership plugin. But a lot of them also mention the problem with the lack of European payment gateways in s2member.
I don’t mind spending money for a working solution. But I think it is also in your interest to get more customers from Europe.
Please let Jason know about this issue.

Maybe we can work something out in the near future.
Thanks

Robert

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:45 am #21518
Staff Member
Thanks for the heads up on this question.

Regarding MoneyBookers (and EU transactions).

Support for MoneyBookers will NOT be released immediately with the new version of s2Member. However, it will be integrated shortly after beta testing is completed. The new improved version of s2Member will make this much easier to acccomplish, and it will also make it possible for site owners to integrate any gateway they choose to use, with a little help from a developer (or perhaps even on their own, depending upon skill level).

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:55 am #21520
Robert H.

Thanks Jason for your input!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.