latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New Install On BuddyPress

Home Forums Community Forum New Install On BuddyPress

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #10852
S2MemNewbie
Username: ashford

I have a few questions which hopefully will generate some helpful answers :)

1. I want to use Authorize.net as my only payment authorizer. Is this possible?

2. I’m using a theme called Buddy Boss for buddypress. Will this theme cause any potential problemsS2Member?

3. I want two membership levels. One paid, one free. BUT I want the free membership to be by invitation only. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 9:27 am #10892
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there, thanks for your inquiry.

1. I want to use Authorize.net as my only payment authorizer. Is this possible?

I have played around with this, and you need to accept the payment through one of the credit cards s2Member supports, as far as I know, those credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

2. I’m using a theme called Buddy Boss for buddypress. Will this theme cause any potential problemsS2Member?

As far as I know, this theme hasn’t been reported to have problems, though you will have to play around with it to be sure, if you have any problems, please let us know. ;)

3. I want two membership levels. One paid, one free. BUT I want the free membership to be by invitation only. Is this possible?

This is possible indeed, though it needs a little trick. :)

Create a free registration pro-form:

[[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="cristian.websharks-inc.net" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]]

Then change the level=”0″ value to the value of the level you want to offer for free.

You will put this shortcode in a specific post/page access restricted page, you can protect it under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions. You can also watch this video by Jason Caldwell, which has a little more info on specific post/page access restrictions.

Then, when you want to invite someone to that special level, you simply create a special link, which will make all specific post/page access restrictions null. And then you give the link to the user, you can create the special link under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page Access Links.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.