latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New JW Player 6 S2 Video/ audio shortcodes?

Home Forums Community Forum New JW Player 6 S2 Video/ audio shortcodes?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Todd 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:38 am #38586
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

hey guys,

just reading the release notes on the new JW player shortcodes for amazon Cloudfront.

My install is all setup with Cloudfront and I currently use Philly’s S2 Member Shortcodes plugin.

This plugin has been awesome and makes it super simple to use video/ audio with S2 member.

Are these new shortcodes that are part of S2 suitable to replace the plugin now?

Is there a way of setting the image for example? HD/ SD versions? Dimensions?

I’ve had a look through the docs but can’t see that info anywhere.

It would be cool to upgrade to JW Player 6 as the shortcodes plugin only works with 5 currently.

Any advice would be great!

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:40 am #38587
RossGrant

Ahh think I may have found the answer here:

Additional [s2Stream /] Shortcode Attributes:

See also: API Function s2member_file_download_url() for PHP integration.

file_download=”video.mp4″ Location of the audio/video file, relative to the /s2member-files/ directory; or, relative to the root of your Amazon® S3 Bucket, when applicable.
player=”jwplayer-v6-rtmp” Required. Current supported players in this Shortcode include: jwplayer-v6 (works with any audio/video file, and you do NOT need to have Amazon® S3 or CloudFront™ integrated for this to work), jwplayer-v6-rtmp (streams with the RTMP protocol, plus there is a full download fallback of the source file if streaming is not possible on a particular device; this requires both Amazon® S3 and CloudFront™ integration), jwplayer-v6-rtmp-only (streams with the RTMP protocol only, with no access to the source file, only to the RTMP stream; this requires both Amazon® S3 and CloudFront™ integration).
player_id=”” Optional. HTML div ID for the audio/video player. Defaults to a unique ID generated by s2Member® for each instance of your Shortcode.
player_path=”/jwplayer/jwplayer.js” Required. Path to the player’s JavaScript file (ex: /jwplayer/jwplayer.js — you should upload the /jwplayer folder to the root of your web directory).
player_[setting]=”” Optional. Any additional attributes supported by your audio/video player, prefixed with player_. For JW Player™ v6, see this article please. Examples: player_width=”480″, player_height=”270″, player_image=”http://www.example.com/wp-content/uploads/video-preview.jpg”, player_autostart=”true”, player_skin=”/jwplayer/my-skin.xml”. Please note that “Advanced Options Blocks” listed on this page are currently NOT supported here. All others are.

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:06 pm #38601
Todd
Username: tdaubs

Really happy to see S2member add these shortcodes. VERY HELPFUL! Thank you!

I, too, currently use Phillys shortcode plugin with JWplayer 5. Philly has been dealing with some health issues so has not yet upgraded the plugin to support JWP 6. So I am interested in using this new functionality in S2Member but I would like to see a bit more documentation on what options we have with passing parameters to the plugin.

Any additional comments/docs appreciated.

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:12 pm #38603
Todd

RossGrant – Could you provide a link to that documentation? I’m having some trouble finding it.

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:40 pm #38607
Todd

I have the pro licensed version of JWplayer and I’m trying to figure out how to install the key. According to the S2Member docs, it seems you pass parameters like so… player_jwplayer.key=”####mykeyhere####” but that doesn’t seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 8:20 pm #38757
RossGrant

Hey Todd, the shortcodes are explained under the Download Options—> Shortcode Attributes And API Functions (Explained) tab.

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 9:15 pm #38768
Todd

Thanks RossGrant for the reference.

I haven’t been able to figure out how to pass a the license key for the pro version of JWplayer.

Neither this

player_jwplayer.key="####mykeyhere####"

nor this

player_key="####mykeyhere####"

work. I’m wondering if there is a way to pass a license key with this shortcode.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 8:16 pm #39262
Echomango
Username: echomango

Thanks for posting this Ross. I am also interested in the shortcodes for JWPlayer 6. I have experimented a bit and they seem to work fine. They do indeed send the mp4 file to my ipad and to my android phone and format them well. The phone seemed to need to download most of the file before it would play smoothly. For a while it would play, then stop, play, then stop. Usually with videos it simply lags and then once it downloads enough it goes back to playing but in this instance it would actually pause and you would need to continue to hit the play button repeatedly. I let it sit for a while and came back and it played smoothly. I assumed it was a download issue.

The size of the videos seems to be about 480 wide on the wordpress post and does not seem to be changed via the short codes. I wonder if there is a default set somewhere? I would rather it be 640x. I also noticed that the JWPlayer has an option for choosing resolution. I didn’t see that on the one video I tested.

On a side note, I really hope the best for Philly whatever his situation might be. He has been a real help with this and put in a huge amount of work to make things easy for us. Get better Philly.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 8:58 pm #39264
Staff Member

Thanks everyone. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Are these new shortcodes that are part of S2 suitable to replace the plugin now?
Is there a way of setting the image for example? HD/ SD versions? Dimensions?

Yes I believe this could do fine as an alternative.

It looks like some of you found this section in your Dashboard already.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Shortcode Attributes & API Functions
See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/jwplayer-s2stream-shortcodes/#using-s2stream-shortcodes

NOTE: While we DO support just about everything else, the JW Player documentation listed here for SD/HD is currently NOT supported by s2 in a simple way. This will come in a future release. It will be nice — I agree. Until then you would need to implement your own JW Player JavaScript to get this working. That is also discussed in this article (but it’s NOT simple yet).

I haven’t been able to figure out how to pass a the license key for the pro version of JWplayer.

This is coming in the next maintenance release. It’s already documented here, but it will not work properly until you’re running s2Member® v120123+.

It’s accomplished with player_key="my-license-key".

The next maintenance release will be available later today.
~ You will get an update notice in your Dashboard, under the Plugins menu in WP.

The size of the videos seems to be about 480 wide on the wordpress post and does not seem to be changed via the short codes. I wonder if there is a default set somewhere? I would rather it be 640x. I also noticed that the JWPlayer has an option for choosing resolution. I didn’t see that on the one video I tested.

Example: player_width="480" player_height="270"
Adding an image: player_image="URL to your image"
Please see: Knowledge Base » JW Player® w/ Shortcodes

Screenshot from: http://www.s2member.com/kb/jwplayer-s2stream-shortcodes/#using-s2stream-shortcodes

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:35 am #39279
Todd

Updated to the latest version of S2 just a few minutes ago. Plugged in my JWplayer Pro key and everything is working beautifully. Really impressed by the support and superb documentation Jason. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.