latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New members access to admin

Home Forums Community Forum New members access to admin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 6:55 pm #18113
Montaya
Username: montaya

how do I give members the ability to create their own page and publish it or submit it for my moderation? The members should only be able to access/admin each their own page. I am going to use BP and s2member.
The site is partially set up but I am a bit confused and cannot go further. Link below.
http://comcentre.moretonbay.biz/

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:08 am #18166
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bryan,

The s2Member levels are based on the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities. s2Member was not designed to give users access to the WordPress admin or to have any role capabilities other than the Subscriber role (which only allows viewing of content).

Other customers have gotten around this using something like the Role Editor plugin, which allows you to manually edit the capabilities of specific roles. You could edit the s2Member Level roles and manually give them the permissions you need. Keep in mind, however, that his isn’t supported by s2Member.

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 4:10 am #18359
oscar lavaughn
Username: olm75

hello i gotta say this is a great program
now i have the free version thinking about buying the pro version, but i gotta ask i am using a plugin called avatar for WP, and i need s2member to be able to also upload and update the members avatar in the login welcome
can someone explain or hell lol make a short video…

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:18 am #18475
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Oscar,

All of the s2Member source code is available, so you can add the customizations you need. If you need to hire a programmer to make the modifications we recommend jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.