latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New members asked for "Activation Key"

Home Forums Community Forum New members asked for "Activation Key"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 8:06 am #46457

Hi

Im a customer and use S2Member Pro. I use WP version 3.5.1 and BP 2.2.4 with latest s2Member Pro.

When new members register they get an activation e-mail with a link. They click it but even so they are asked to put in an activation key when logging into my site.Very confusing for my new members.

Why is that and how do I fix it?

See alot of questions about this but no answeres.

regards
Andreas

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 9:23 am #46458
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi Andreas,

The activation key field is usually only seen if you click on an activation link that has ALREADY been clicked and activated.

The key itself is in the URL and is automatically activated when clicked.

Can you check if these members have actually already activated their accounts?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 10:57 am #46469
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

I get this alot with new members and think it has something to do with them doing a combination of following screens through the signup process and clicking in the emails they receive.

My members have always already activated and I have to send them a quick email just directing them to the login page and reminding them of their username…then they get right in.

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 7:34 am #46589

s2Member doesn’t add any account activation to the registration process. I know BuddyPress does, though. Have you checked with them? http://buddypress.org/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.