latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New registration in a specific category

Home Forums Community Forum New registration in a specific category

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:59 am #8483
Sergio GD
Username: sergiogd

Hello,

I need that the new user can register in a specific posts category, How can I do it?.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #8501

You need to specify which posts your user can see, by setting up membership levels, then blocking content when you create it. On the right side of the screen on a new post, there is a box to protect the content by setting special permission.

Set up your levels in the S2Member Options panel, then S2Member will reference your settings and allow or block users from specific category posts.

Here are some tutorials I strongly recommend you check out:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/

Jordan
Thumbs if it helps!

Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 11:39 pm #8513
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I assume that what you are asking is how to allow a user to select the type of post category they want to be able to view on the registration screen?

If that’s the case, it’s a little more involved than Jordan’s option, but still very doable.

Let me know if you need something more complicated. Otherwise, Jordans’s option should work. Are you charging for memberships or just free memberships?

Dave

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.