latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

new registrations are not being created

Home Forums Community Forum new registrations are not being created

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:52 pm #43514
Norm H
Username: mrdirby

When I created my site as a multisite new user registrations are not working. Meaning a user can go through the registration process but the account doesn’t get made in the database. This was working when the site was setup in a dev environment without network activation.

My wordpress settings are set to allow registrations.

In the individual site settings under Network Admin the allow registration field was set to 0. I changed this to 1 and still not working. Does anyone have any thoughts about this I’m really in a pinch.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 6:57 am #43757

Hi Norm.

I don’t know… You could try the troubleshooting tips in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I hope that helps find the problem!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:49 am #43779
Norm H
Username: mrdirby

What is happening is when wordpress multisite is enabled it registers new members with wordpress only and not with the blog they are signing up for. In my case I have one main site and I wanted to use the network to create mini sites for users to get on without having to login again. This in combination with buddypress doesn’t register the user with the main blog.

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 6:24 pm #44012

Well, registering doesn’t automatically log the user in. And if you’re giving the user a blog when he signs up, he should be the admin of that blog.

Or do you mean he’s registering in the child blog? In that case he should also be able to login after creating his account, not sure why he’d have a problem with that.

Ah, you’re using BuddyPress. Well, BP changes the registration process to begin with, at least in a normal installation, I’m guessing it does in multisite too.

I do know there was a problem related to multisite networks with BP, not sure if it’s related to your problem: Knowledge Base » Getting Around the BuddyPress 404 Error (Multisite Blog Farms)

I hope that helps.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.