latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New signup email goes to me

Home Forums Community Forum New signup email goes to me

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 12:19 pm #12282

When a new member signs up for my website, an automatic email gets sent to me saying “Congratulations on activating your membership” instead of going to them. How can I fix that?

Also, there seems to be lack of communication with paid subscribers. Either it doesn’t notify my email, or it notifies my email but doesn’t show up in WP.

Thank you, Kathy

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Kathy Garber.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 4:07 pm #12314
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kathy,

You shouldn’t be receiving the “Congratulations on activating your membership” email; that should be going to the customer. Are you doing test signups with your own email address?

Also, could you please enable logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging), conduct another test, and then share with us the log entries from wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/. That should help us figure out what’s going on.

Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 4:28 pm #12318

It’s only been recently that I’ve received the “congratulations” email rather than it going to them, and it’s not every signup too. The enable logging was already checked yes. but if I go to where it says the log files are stored, it takes me to a generic search page.

/home/content/85/8710385/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs

I have not upgraded to pro yet either … I don’t want to mess with anything yet … This type of thing is not my area of expertise …

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Kathy Garber.
Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 5:55 pm #12401
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kathy,

You’ll need to connect to your site using FTP and download the log files in that directory. Those log files can be opened with a text editor and inside you’ll find entries related to each of the transaction. Could you copy and paste those here?

Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 6:15 pm #12404

Thank you for your reply … unfortunately, I have grade-school knowledge of this type of thing … Can you explain to me how to connect to my site using FTP? I can follow directions, but I need step by step, please.
Thanks

Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 3:45 am #12432

You can google FTP tutorials. http://google.com/search?q=ftp+tutorial&tbm=vid

You can get the FTP login info from your web hosting company.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.