latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New signups not being written to WordPress DB

Home Forums Community Forum New signups not being written to WordPress DB

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Shawn Barry 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 4:37 pm #25613

Just set up the plugin and ran a test signup through CCBill. The new registration isn’t being written to the WP database, even through the CCBill system registered the signups.

I have configured the plugin to run with CCBill,

I have added s2member to my CCBill account with the information in the setup,

I did configure the join buttons using s2member’s button generator.

He said something about a 301 error? and possibly a “www” issue, but I have no idea where to look to address these issues. Need some guidance ASAP, please.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Shawn Barry.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #25620

Shawn can you just check all your settings over at ccbill are without ‘www.’

Can you also enable logging

WordPress -> Dashboard -> s2Member -> ccBill® Options -> ccBill® Account Details -> Enable Logging Routines?

Then do another test transaction and look at the logs for more info.

Remember to make sure your logged out as admin when doing test transactions or they don’t work.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #25621

Update:

Ran some tests and double checked some things, but still not working.

CCBill user management is turned off, as are all the other things s2members requires they turn off. When they do a test transaction, there’s a confirmation that they transaction is a approved, and that they will receive an email with user/password, but that email never comes, and the user is never added to the database.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #25625

Hey Philly – these were tests on CCBill’s side with a faux CC approval. I’m not sure where to check for “www” information at CCBill, but I’ll call them. I’ll do the WP settings you mentioned as well, and test again.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:41 pm #25628

WWW problem solved, enabled logging, and tried a new registration again, not from me, but a faux transaction. No change. Still not creating new members in the DB.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:45 pm #25629

Can I have a look at the logs please

wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:52 pm #25630

You may, indeed. My site, is your site. Are you just going to pop in, or shall I send you something?

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:55 pm #25631

haha yes I’ll pop in if everything is the same

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:56 pm #25632

It is.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:06 pm #25633

The logs look fine and suggest everything happened as expected, and that an email was sent to joev at ccbill dot com, with instructions to register an account.

WordPress won’t register the account until the link is clicked in that email and registration is done via that link.

Do you know how to run your own test transactions?

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:11 pm #25634

CCBill sent me some test-transaction credentials that I haven’t tried on my own yet. I don’t know how to do one any other way, beyond pulling out my own VISA and trying it.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:18 pm #25635

First you need to login to your admin account in ccbill

then go to

https://admin.ccbill.com/megamenus/ccbillHome.html#AccountInfo/TransactionTestSettings(264)

on the left you’ll see a create new user button

click on that and enter the email address you will test with (Not your wordpress admin one)

enter the ip address of the computer your using now in high and low fields.

Now your ready to test.

Log out of WP go to your sign up page and use the following details card details to sign up:

Visa – 4444444444446666

make up the rest

use the email you said you would test with.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:31 pm #25636

Yup, did all that. I just did a test transaction again, and I’m getting CCBill’s email to confirm the approval, but no email is going out and the database is not being updated.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Shawn Barry.
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:35 pm #25638

Have you checked your spam box

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:38 pm #25639

Actually, I did it again, and this time it seemed to work. No idea what changed.

Thanks again, Philly.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:43 pm #25640

Great.

The reason your first test didn’t work was it was declined by ccbill reason= “You are not authorized to signup with the provided credentials”

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:53 pm #25641

Yup, understand it now.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.