latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New User Email Message Not Sending

Home Forums Community Forum New User Email Message Not Sending

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:13 am #43240
Norm H
Username: mrdirby

I can’t figure out why the new user email won’t send through s2member. When I create a new user account all I get is the buddy press activation key email. I’m not sure where to begin trouble shooting this.

using wp 3.5.1, buddypress 1.6.4, and current version of s2member.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:40 am #43244
Norm H

I have tried deactivating all other plugins and activated the default buddypress theme. Still no email.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 1:08 pm #43251
Norm H

I’ve gone through this help doc and still have not found the source of the problem.
http://www.s2member.com/kb/troubleshooting-email-delivery-problems/

Can someone explain what S2 Member is supposed to do? Disable the BP account activation email? or send an additional message?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:23 am #43303

Hi Norm.

BuddyPress, as you saw, has its way of dealing with new registrations, having the user go through an account activation, and s2Member’s New User email does not get sent.

Have you tried, as a test, deactivating BuddyPress and registering a new account to see if you now get the New User email? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

Also, did you check in your Spam box to make sure it’s not getting caught there?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:44 am #43328
Norm H

I overlooked this message that doesn’t appear until you have said yes to sending emails.

BuddyPress: please note that BuddyPress does NOT send this email to Users that register through the BuddyPress registration system. This is because BuddyPress sends each User an activation link; eliminating the need for this email all together. However, you CAN still customize s2Member’s separate email to paying Members. See: s2Member -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email.

Can I request that this become an option for S2 Member to take over the email process for new users with BuddyPress.

Is S2 Member not able to capture the activation key that gets sent? That is the only issue I could see as a problem for this process.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 5:42 pm #43348

No, BuddyPress does take over the process. :/

You will need to find how to edit BuddyPress’ email instead. I’m sure they must provide a way to do that, if not by default, with a plugin of theirs. http://buddypress.org

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.