latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New user – Paypal button – A3, P3, T3 error

Home Forums Community Forum New user – Paypal button – A3, P3, T3 error

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:26 pm #8655

Hi, everything seemed easy enough to do with the great videos, however I can’t get the genarated button to work,
I tried the following:-
1 month 0.00 with $5 recuring
4 weeks 0.00 with $5 recuring

I tried the HTML but the <php snipet showed when I ran the page in a browser and looked at the view source, so I just pasted the snipet into Wrodpress and the <php was parsed ok, but I still get the A3, P3, T3 error, so I have pasted the code snipet and the outpute once the wordpress page loads then the error to see if anyone can make sence of it, I think my brain is now fried!

Anyone can spare 5 mins, the would be great.

— WordPress Page code:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.pcasap.co.uk" ta="0" tp="4" tt="W" ra="5.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

— Html after wordpress page loads: I replaced with () so html could show —
(form action=”https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr&#8221; method=”post”)
(input type=”hidden” name=”business” value=”david@layer5.co.uk” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”cmd” value=”_xclick-subscriptions” /)
(!– Instant Payment Notification & Return Page Details –)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”notify_url” value=”http://www.pcasap.co.uk/?s2member_paypal_notify=1&#8243; /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”cancel_return” value=”http://www.pcasap.co.uk/&#8221; /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”return” value=”http://www.pcasap.co.uk/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOjhFQ1NzUkZCbUdZSXdaYkg1azJqSTBkMjAzT2lkQ0p5OjA4NWUwYWY0ZjZhZmE4NTkxNmM3MDBkY2E2MzQ4N2QyfCS6C76_VkEKy5owvXRVhMA3cr8wpQnfu3_lH1FFqyhUObirx1vl1Zv7DHo8rV-VHYOFvToe3peGzYJ1GF-W_mOSjDBnhsHannGFz-n5ihrASGAuVHSDlV_4WSGqt-S0z1Mq5IxQAk9VREzsXPLumpVlvzUktbB0tvNvFW7F0niNkUULDemVJCwC-mppcfXkZdO-ZnXqeE7p-en1w6-8JQInFkOrTQMmXwzNo95oYc6isN9TwA6F8vW9zBmvGahsPi50KgbNPjjJ7B_WddC3E4z27z9FnIC16udFHBbxfbFURduGCyybhnymFUDLMdoGLUHW8u1xE5nDxEd36Y_TsJGgjn3gZ879bckg_7WdxAsGcoBNDwVAehrWLybDla7oaQ&#8221; /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”rm” value=”2″ /)
(!– Configures Basic Checkout Fields –)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”lc” value=”” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”no_shipping” value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”no_note” value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”custom” value=”www.pcasap.co.uk” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”currency_code” value=”USD” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”page_style” value=”paypal” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”charset” value=”utf-8″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”item_name” value=”Bronze Member / description and pricing details here.” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”item_number” value=”1″ /)
(!– Configures s2Member’s Unique Invoice ID/Code –)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”invoice” value=”4f6904e0b09cd~2.223.115.129″ /)
(!– Identifies/Updates An Existing User/Member ( when/if applicable ) –)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”on0″ value=”Originating Domain” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”os0″ value=”www.pcasap.co.uk” /)
(!– Identifies The Customer’s IP Address For Tracking –)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”on1″ value=”Customer IP Address” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”os1″ value=”2.223.115.129″ /)
(!– Controls Modify Behavior At PayPal® Checkout –)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”modify” value=”0″ /)
(!– Customizes Prices, Payments & Billing Cycle –)(br /)
(!–(br /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”amount” value=”5.00″ /)–)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”src” value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”srt” value=”” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”sra” value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”a1″ value=”0″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”p1″ value=”4″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”t1″ value=”W” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”a3″ value=”5.00″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”p3″ value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”t3″ value=”M” /)
(!– Displays The PayPal® Image Button –)(/p)
(input type=”image” src=”https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif&#8221; style=”width:auto; height:auto; border:0;” alt=”PayPal®” /)
(/form)

— Error from Paypal —
Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription.

thanks in advance guys.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  David Armstrong.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #8675
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello David, thanks for your inquiry.

The only times I’ve seen this error in the past is when another plugin or theme is messing up with the shortcode parsing.

Could you please make a simple check to make sure there isn’t a plugin incompatibility? Simply disable every plugin except s2Member, if the problem goes away then turn the plugins on one by one until the problem appears again.

If that doesn’t work, could you please make a theme incompatibility test? Simply change to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven).

If that doesn’t solve the problem, please paste the full shortcode that you’re using when you receive this error. If you’re using the HTML version of the button please install a plugin like Exec-PHP and try using it again.

Thanks, and I hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 2:13 am #8693

What Eduán said, only seen it when the theme or another plugin mess with the post’s parsing. You should find the culprit and remove it or fix it.

If you can’t do that then, rather than using the full code for the button, I suggest creating a button over at PayPal, which won’t be affected by shortcode parsing problems, following these instructions:
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:16 am #8724

Hi, I got it to work, the problem for me is the “Genarate Button Code”, when I run the page in a browser the html genarated is malformated:-

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Video Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.pcasap.co.uk" ta="0" tp="1" tt="M" ra="5.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Produces this line of code
I have replace OpenTag with ( and CloseTag with ) to show html in the page
(!– Customizes Prices, Payments & Billing Cycle –)(br /)
(!–(br /)

So the below hidden eliments get igored e.g.
(!–(br /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”amount” value=”5.00″ /)–)(/p)
(input type=”hidden” name=”srt” value=”” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”sra” value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”a1″ value=”0″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”p1″ value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”t1″ value=”M” /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”a3″ value=”5.00″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”p3″ value=”1″ /)
(input type=”hidden” name=”t3″ value=”M” /)
(!– Displays The PayPal® Image Button –)(/p)

Thanks to Eduan, I was able to run the PHP part of the code in WP once I installed the EXEC-php plugin.
But I still had problems, as the “Generate Button Code” genareted 1 incorect line in the HTML code, I have listed this below:

again I have replaced OpenTag CloseTag with () so I can paste html in this reply

(!– Customizes Prices, Payments & Billing Cycle –)
(!–(input type=”hidden” name=”amount” value=”5.00″ /)–)

I needed to remove from the following the following genarated html code
OpenTag !–
and
— CloseTag

then the HTML code worked

(!–(input type=”hidden” name=”amount” value=”5.00″ /)–)

(input type=”hidden” name=”amount” value=”5.00″ /)

remembering to change () for OpenTag CloseTag

I just wanted to give you feedback

The section Im working with is:
Button Code Generator For Level #1 Access

and Im using the basic s2Member on Bluehost as the .zip for the Pro version fails, but I wil look at that another day as the basic version does what I need.

So far s2Member is looking like a great product.

thanks
David Armstrong.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:15 pm #8934
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

I just tested the same button generator and it works correctly for me.

Keep in mind if you’re using the HTML version of the button code, you’ll need to install and activate a plugin like Exec-PHP so that the PHP snippets in that code are run properly.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:33 pm #8967

Also remember that when using the full HTML version of the button, a user can edit it and get access you didn’t mean to give at a price you weren’t asking. That’s why it’s preferred to use the encrypted version, either generated by s2Member or when you create a button over at PayPal.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Encryption[/hilite]
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Please read the reply I left earlier:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/new-user-paypal-button-a3-p3-t3-error/#post-8693

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 1:42 pm #9051

OK, thanks for your feed back Raam and Cristian.

cheers
David

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 4:31 am #9084

Sorted it, I was concerned why it worked ok for Raam, so I thought I must have an underlying issue, turns out it was the Theme I was using, I changed the Theme and it’s working fine.

Now I can use the short code for better security, thanks Christian.

cheers
David.

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 5:19 am #9090

Excellent! Glad you sorted it out. Thanks for the update. :)

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:12 am #9103
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Excellent David,
thanks for letting us know. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.