latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Newsletter links

Home Forums Community Forum Newsletter links

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Paddy Ogee 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 10:29 am #53635

Hello,

we seem to be having a problem when including links to protected posts in a newsletter. We are using the wordpress standard url, however, when clicked they are being sent to a url that looks like

mydomain.com/?page_id=16&_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=post&_s2member_seeking%5Bpost%5D=680&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L25ld3MvP3A9Njgw&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=0&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=post&s2member_seeking=post-680&s2member_level_req=0

which states ‘This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:’ If I use the password, nothing happens. Stays on the same page. If we login via the normal members login page which also asks for username, then no problem.

We have only just come across the problem as we have not sent links to password protected posts before.

Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 11:47 am #53639
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

It sounds like you have your posts set to private rather than published as well as projecting them with s2member… setting a post or page to private (just above the publish/update button) adds a “password” field to the page.

Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #53641

HI,

thanks for replying :-)

Unfortunately, they are public visibility posts.

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 6:05 am #53703

Paddy, that URL looks like the Membership Options Page’s with the added variables when the user is sent there after trying to open content he didn’t have the access for. See:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Could it be that you password protected the page you set as the Membership Options Page? This page should be publicly visible because it’s where people will be sent to by s2Member when they don’t have the access to restricted content.

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 3:52 am #53799

Well sussed it a bit more Cristián. Thanks for replying by the way.

This url is going to the membership signup page (MOP? which is correct behaviour by the look of it) which in this case is password protected using native wp setup I believe. We only want the signup pages available by invitation.

However, what I was trying to do was create a link to a post that is in a s2 protected area. This newsletter is only going to members anyway. What I really wanted was that if the link was clicked and the member is not signed in, they would redirect to the s2 login page.

So, looking at docs at the moment, but if you can enlighten that would be great.

Thanks

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 6:52 am #53809

The restriction will always redirect to the Membership Options Page. What you can do there is say that if he already has an account, he should login, and link to the login page, for example.

Or you can have the s2Member Pro login widget in the sidebar, or include it in your page’s body. See:
[hilite path]WP Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> s2Member Pro Login[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

And you need to remove the WP password protection on the page that you set as the Membership Options Page.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 12:43 pm #53889

Thanks for the reply Cristián,

Problem is we dont want the MOP page public as we only let members sign up by invitation. It makes life a little easier as we can send out a url and a generic wp password that we can change now and then. Unless of course you can suggest a better way :-)

It would make life easier if I could work round this. What do people do if they dont want people to have the ability to sign up without invitation/authorisation?

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:20 am #54009

Am I going to get a follow up?

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:45 am #54019

The Membership Options Page is what we call that page that the restriction redirects people to when they don’t have the access for the protected content they tried to open.

It doesn’t have to have a registration form or payment options or anything in particular, it’ll have whatever you put there. It can be a simple “Sorry, you can’t access that page” message with nothing else if that’s what you prefer.

What do you want someone to see if he tries to open a page you protected? That’s what you’d put in the Membership Options Page.

Does that help? :)

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 11:26 am #54162

Thanks for your patience Cristián. Thing is, s2member is so big that sometimes I cant see the wood for the trees!

Anyway, I reverted the MOP to a normal public page, added a sign-in as opposed to a registration page and moved the registration to a separate wp password protected page. Works fine. However…

on the MOP, I am using MOP vars to redirect the user to the original requested page. Having echoed out

esc_html (site_url(base64_decode($_g["_s2member_seeking"]["_uri"])))

I realised that the url was being incorrectly constructed – so what should be http://www.domain.com/news/?page=25 is coming out as http://www.domain.com/news/news/?page=25 – (2 news directories) Now I am pretty sure this is to do with the fact that my wordpress install is not at root but in a subfolder called ‘news’.

Thing is I cant work out where to alter this short of using php to alter the string.

Any help appreciated.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.