latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Nice custom registration page

Home Forums Community Forum Nice custom registration page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 12:17 am #51205

Hello,

I searched through a lot of forum entries and FAQ pages but did not find any answer to my problem:

I want to use PayPal buttons (and NOT use the pro forms for payment) but after the customer paid at PayPal i want

a) remove the step where a grey screen is shown telling the customer that the payment worked and an account was created. (see thread here for a screenshot http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/please-register-page-from-paypal-needs-love/ )

b) automatically redirect to a nice registration page where he enters his credentials instead of the ugly WP internal registration page.

One more remark: I do not have any free level on my page! So the registration must work for only paying customers.

How can I set this up?

Best
Alex

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:50 am #51284
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

a) remove the step where a grey screen is shown telling the customer that the payment worked and an account was created. (see thread here for a screenshot http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/please-register-page-from-paypal-needs-love/ )

With s2Member Pro, you can use the success attribute in your button to redirect to another page when the User is directed back to your site. You can find information on this here (only available in s2Member Pro, at the bottom of this section):

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

It is not possible to “skip” the sending of the email, because s2Member does not receive information regarding payment from PayPal until moments after the User is sent back from PayPal. You have to wait for s2Member to receive this information and the User to receive the email to sign up.

However with the success attribute, you can customize a page to be less “bland”, and give Users more information on this process.

b) automatically redirect to a nice registration page where he enters his credentials instead of the ugly WP internal registration page.

s2Member’s Buttons (not Pro Forms) require that the backend registration form be used after checkout. You can customize the appearance of this registration form here, however:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:20 am #51827

Ok, I have set it up so that only paying customers can register with the success-parameter and the redirect to the regular WP registration page.

I cannot use Pro forms so I want to make the WP registration page nicer and also add some text for the customer to not use the back button but to complete the registration.

Do you have any pointers on how to do this?

Best
Alex

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:21 am #51857

You can customize the WP registration page a bit from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.