latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No error message when existing user try to..

Home Forums Community Forum No error message when existing user try to..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 6:21 am #11921
emmanuel cup
Username: Bou

Hi,

it is expected that when user try to create an account with existing username or email there a error message ?

Because when I try to do that, I have no message, just the reloading of the form.

Thanks for your help !

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:26 am #11942
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi Emmanuel, do you have javascript enabled in your browser? It might be that you have this switched off and therefore aren’t getting the alerts.

A quick way to tell is to submit your form with everything empty, you should get a pop up asking you to enter information in the required fields…

Hope that helps!

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:10 pm #11998
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Emmanuel,

Zoe is correct. It sounds like you have JavaScript disabled in your browser. You cannot create an account with the same email address as an existing account.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:18 am #12019
emmanuel cup
Username: Bou

Hello Zoe, hello Raam,

yes I have JS actived on my Mac, I tried with Safari and Firefox. Same problem with Firefox and Chrome on PC.

I did a test with empty field and I have the pop up with the error message.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #12059
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Emmanuel,

Have you tried disabling all other plugins except s2Member? It sounds like another plugin may be interfering with s2Member.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.