latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No longer able to access restricted pages

Home Forums Community Forum No longer able to access restricted pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  myrna 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 6:41 pm #46170
myrna
Username: myrna

Hi, I’m using S2Member but we are also adding members manually. Things seemed to be working fine but now if I add a new member, giving the access level “member” (equivalent of S2 Member Level 3) they are no longer able to access restricted pages, except for the parent page members/. Perhaps I’ve gone about the restriction the wrong way, I’m using URI restriction option set to: members/ so they are accessing the members page (which is restricted and non-logged in users are redirected to the membership page if they try to access that page directly — so that works). This did seem to be handling restrictions to sub-pages such as members/directory, but now if I try to access any of these subpages I am redirected to the membership page. All the restrictions are set to S2Member Level 1. Here is the redirect message I get if I try to access a sub-page:

http://domainname.org/membership/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=63&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L21lbWJlcnMvc2Nob2xhcnNoaXAtYXBwbGljYXRpb25zLw%3D%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-63&s2member_level_req=1

I found another post (https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/problems-with-s3-members-accessing-s3-posts/) which appears to interpret the above redirect as:

Looking for page ID 63, URI, type=level and required level=1, restriction type = page, ID 63, level required=1.

So if my member is a level three why do they not have any access? I do not have any additional page, post, category or tag restrictions set. I reset my brute force restrictions just in case. No difference.

Is this any help? Desperately in need of answer. Could it have anything to do with simply trying to log in too many times from this computer as I test this? Another possibility, are there known conflicts between S2Member and Events Manager Pro? Thanks so much in advance for any assistance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 2:05 pm #46286
myrna
Username: myrna

Another thought: could adding custom profile fields to the profile page cause this issue? I notice now that when I visit a user’s profile page my username and password are automatically being thrown into fields on that profile — the wrong fields, and on somebody else’s profile. This is getting very messy….

Never mind. Thank goodness for the S2Member reset!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.