latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No Sales Tracking S2member Idevaffiliate

Home Forums Community Forum No Sales Tracking S2member Idevaffiliate

This topic contains 45 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Matthew Bailey 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 8:11 pm #43732

I have set up Idev with s2member just as the video mentioned.

I then set up my own affiliate account to test it. I set it to “last person to send visitor” gets the sale because otherwise using my computer wouldnt work (My IP has visited my site many times)

I sent the affiliate url to my email and then I tried purchasing my item 4 times from 3 different computers in the home.

It tracks the visitors as it now says 1 unique visit, 6 visits, 0 sales. But there was 4 sales.

IT doesn’t seem to be tracking sales.

Anyway to fix this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 10:59 pm #44875

Can I get some help with this :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 11:21 pm #45025

Ppppplease… it’s been 40 days now and I still can’t use Idevaffiliate.

It is tracking clicks but not sales.

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:09 am #45027

I just signed up another affiliate (test) and sent the link to my girlfriend. She clicked on it via email and purchased my product.

It shows in my IDEV account that there was a click. But the sale did not show.

Is this an easy fix?

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:42 am #45045
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Matthew,

I’m sorry I can’t provide any help with iDevAffiliate. The only real thing I can suggest is that you try re-setting up iDevAffiliate with s2Member, following the instructions in is article:
Knowledge Base » iDevAffiliate® (s2 Commission Tracking)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 1:39 pm #45065

I have emailed them as well. It’s crazy how hard this is.

I followed your advice. I erased the last code I had in S2member from the generate generic tracking pixel.

This time I followed the ADVANCED strategy instead.

In order to get my profile ID, I used the integration wizard.

But then I used all the methods from ADVANCED.

I then created a new affiliate account as a test. I used my own computer, which resulted in a unique hit. I purchased.

But again, no sale recorded.

I dont get it

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 9:13 pm #45096
Eduan

I don’t get it either. :/

I haven’t really used iDevAffiliate before so I can’t provide much help on that. Perhaps try following these common trouble shooting tips?:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #45174

Can @Jason maybe help?

I contacted IDEVAffilliate and they said they will look at the back end but only after S2Member looks at it since it mostly deals with S2member I guess.

The account I used to buy my product as a test – I cancelled today as I needed to refund the amount back and I got this in email:

The API file (terminate_commission.php) tried to remove a commission and couldn’t.

Reason:
– No commission was found with the provided order number.

Order Number Received: 9M428968G47948219

——–
Message Auto-Sent By iDevAffiliate 7.1

Not sure if this helps at all….

Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:53 pm #45273
Eduan

I’ll try asking Jason, not sure if he’ll answer though (since these are the community forums).

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:23 am #45336
Eduan

Hello Matthew,

This is what he answered:

Hi Eduan. Thank you.

Please ask him to post a copy of the Shortcode that he’s using to sell stuff on his site. Also ask him to post code samples of what he’s entered into the fields provided by s2Member that facilitate tracking. Once we get those details, I will review this thread again for him, and offer any suggestions that I can.

Basically, could you please post the shortcode you’re using.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Mar 24th, 2013 at 10:36 pm #45615

Hi Eduan,

thanks for the follow-up. Please note: I switched to using the “advanced” integration with s2member as recommended in the videos (using CURL). If you (or Jason) think I should go back to the “easy” method again first, let me know. I’ll change it and repost here. I asked IDevAffiliate and they said I shouldn’t use CURL or that method. Either way, both didn’t work, BUT in the S2member tutorials, it says the CURL method is much better…

This is the button I use for the sale: [s2Member-PayPal-Button level="4" ccaps="" desc="First Class Membership / Full Access + Deal Alerts / Quarterly Recurring." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="CAD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.XXXX.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="37" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://www.XXXXXX.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/37optionCFF-e1361320573973.jpg" output="button" /]

This is the tracking code I put in s2member: http://www.XXXXXX.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%item_name%%&idev_option_2=%%subscr_id%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 9:15 pm #46011
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@ Matthew Bailey

What you posted looks correct from my end, assuming your API Notification URL leads to the correct domain that was x’d out. Your implementation matches the instructions provided here; which have worked successfully for others. If you continue to have trouble, I would investigate the IP address itself and ensure it matches up with the value that iDevAffiliate has. If you have your iDev installation on a different server, this could be a configuration issue related to the way in which the IP address is collected. iDev may collect one value and s2Member collects another; resulting in a possible inconsistency that results in a mismatch during tracking.

s2Member® uses the server environment variable: $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] to detect the customer’s IP address. I believe iDev uses the same value (this is a standard), but you can check with them to be sure.

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 4:55 pm #46164

Thank you Jason.

I will contact them and see if they can figure it out as well.

So, having this “advanced Curl procedure” should be okay?

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 4:11 pm #46307

I got this email from IDevAffiliate…

Any chance someone can look into this (or am I able to) I am going to try another test post today…

I click on Incoming Traffic Log in the left menu of your admin center and see the tracking log opened with the correct IP (99.104.165.3). Then I triggered a commission from the tracking pixel code and it is inserted into the system as it should be. This verifies the iDevAffiliate side of things are setup properly. The tracking and commission processing function is working properly.

The problem is going to be on the S2 side and will be one of a couple things.

A) You didn’t click an affiliate link prior to doing your test purchase.

B) The URL set to be called from S2 is wrong.

C) You’re using a secure checkout with https in the browser and the call is using http (insecure call will be ignored).

D) The S2 call being made doesn’t have a matching IP (talked about by S2).

E) Your website/server doesn’t have CURL enabled on it (I believe they make a CURL call in the tracking pixel).

If they can give us OUTPUT of the tracking code call (the URL with variables in it), we can pinpoint the issue immediately.

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 12:28 am #46671

If they can give us OUTPUT of the tracking code call (the URL with variables in it), we can pinpoint the issue immediately.

Any chance I can get an output?

I have no idea what they mean

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 6:24 pm #46778

Also, what is the different with the normal tracking code and this one I’m using (advanced Curl)…. Should I switch back?

Either way, both didn’t work. Idevaffiliate is trying to help but they asked me to ask S2Member If they can give us OUTPUT of the tracking code call (the URL with variables in it).

I know this thread is getting long but I’d really like to start actually using this.

Any chance I can get this done or how else can I finally start using my affiliate software?

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 6:33 pm #46779
Eduan

Hello Matthew,

I’m sorry I can’t provide any help from my lack of ability. :/

After Jason made his post earlier he also said to me:

Closing. This is in the community forum.
I’ve helped where I can, but I won’t provide any further assistance until and unless he upgrades.

When he said closing he meant my conversation with him. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 7:27 pm #46782

Ok, do you know what iDevAffiliate meant by OUTPUT?

Posted: Sunday Apr 7th, 2013 at 8:25 pm #46825
Eduan

Personally, no idea at all. I’ll try asking Jason.

Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 10:52 pm #46872

I have no issues really buying S2Member. I mainly wanted to try it first and make sure it suits my needs.

The only 2 problems I see so far is:

1. This one. I’d like to make sure it works. IDEV told me all they need is the OUTPUT of the tracking pixel and then they can tell me exactly what is going wrong. Can I get this first and just make sure it works? or do I need to buy S2member to get this right away so I can finally add some affiliates?

2. Generating button codes. I’d like to use tables but I would need a button URL and not the code. Not sure how to do this or if it exists either.

Thanks so much for the help thus far.

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:53 pm #47241
Eduan

Oops, sorry about that, forgot to give you Jason’s answer regarding OUTPUT. :P

By OUTPUT they mean the final tracking code and/or URL with all Replacement Codes having been filled in, so that iDev can see what they are actually receiving on their end.

2. Generating button codes. I’d like to use tables but I would need a button URL and not the code. Not sure how to do this or if it exists either.

You can just change the output attribute in the shortcode from “button” to “url” I think, and it’ll give you an URL instead of a button I think.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 1:36 pm #47317

I tried giving him that as OUTPUT but it turns out that is not it. I know this must be getting old now but I’d really like to get the affiliate part working. Supposedly this is all they need to fix it. This was the email:

This is not output:
http://www.XXXXX.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%item_name%%&idev_option_2=%%subscr_id%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

That is code.

Output will have actual values like this:
http://www.XXXXXX.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=19.99&idev_ordernum=123… etc.

Also, I don’t see the IP address in there.
ie. &ip_address=111.11.111.1 etc.

You’re having a problem with the tracking pixel call. I need to see EXACTLY what is being called on OUTPUT to determine the cause (what is wrong with the call itself).

Posted: Sunday Apr 14th, 2013 at 10:31 pm #47469
Eduan

The difference between those two URLs is that one has variables and the other one has actual values.

So you just need to process the first one and then you have what iDevAffiliate calls output.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:03 pm #47816

According to IDEV, I can’t actually get the OUTPUT. They told me only s2member themselves could tell me that info… is that true?

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 4:15 pm #48010
Eduan

Not sure. But I think it would make sense if only s2Member can give you the output.

You’ll just have to intercept s2Member’s output while it’s giving it to iDevAffiliate, somehow.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 9:38 pm #48026

The thing is, I don’t know how to do anything like that. The only reason I bought IDEV was because I thought it would be simple and seamless to integrate.

Is there anyone who can quickly get me the OUTPUT?

Or can someone guarantee that if I buy s2member pro, it will be fixed within a week?

I just can’t keep telling affiliates to wait. It’s been 2 months since I first uploaded IDEV and I still can’t get it going.

Thanks Eduan for all your prompt replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.