latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No Sales Tracking S2member Idevaffiliate

Home Forums Community Forum No Sales Tracking S2member Idevaffiliate

This topic contains 45 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Matthew Bailey 3 years, 6 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 3:07 pm #48052
Eduan
Username: Eduan

If you buy s2Member pro you’ll have Cristian’s, Bruce’s and probably Jason’s support. I think that’s the best way to go.

However I’ll send one email to Jason asking him this. I’ll ask him how to get the full, already parsed OUTPUT.

OK asked him. Don’t know what his answer would be, bu it’s probable he wouldn’t give an answer, since last time he did say he wouldn’t provide any more assistance until you were a paid member.

In any case, let’s hope. :)
Thanks for your patience. ;)

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 10:08 pm #48069

Thanks!

Yeah, I just want to make sure that I can:

a) get IDEV working

b) work a pricing table into my website, which means I need a paypal “url” rather than a button code…

If I can do that with s2member, I’ll pay right away

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 2:44 pm #48206
Eduan

This is what he answered with regarding the OUTPUT variable:

I would suggest setting up a custom API Notification Handler where YOU recieve the data instead of (or in addition to) iDevAffiliate receiving the data. In your custom API Notification Handler you can look at the full output URI like this.

So let’s say you setup this API Notification:
http://www.example.com/custom-apn-handler.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%item_name%%&idev_option_2=%%subscr_id%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

Now create the API Notification handler in PHP (custom-apn-handler.php).
When s2Member® processes the API Notification behind-the-scene, this script will be contacted with the above Replacement Codes filled in.

<?php
// My custom API Notification Handler.
$output = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
mail('me@example.com', 'API Notification Output URL', $output);

b) work a pricing table into my website, which means I need a paypal “url” rather than a button code…

Again, you can achieve this by changing the output attribute to “url”.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday May 5th, 2013 at 7:51 pm #49247

Is their a plugin that can allow me to do that?

I am not a developer of any kind. Very clueless about that kind of stuff so none of this makes sense to me…

:)

Posted: Sunday May 5th, 2013 at 9:38 pm #49249
Eduan

No this is a custom script that you’ll have to do. If you wish you can hire a freelancer to achieve this for you. :)

You can get good freelancers at websites like jobs.wordpress.net, elance.com, freelancer.com etc.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 8:16 pm #49716

Okay, one last thing.

If I’m a paid member, Can s2member give me the output rather than me having to do this?

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 10:59 am #49951
Eduan

The pro version does not have this feature I’m afraid.

And also Jason already provided all the help that our support policy allows, so it may not be worth, for this, to buy the pro version for support.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 9:14 am #50163

Matthew,

You may have already thought of this. I would *highly* suggest simply having iDevAffiliate do the installation of iDev into S2Member.

It cost $45 (I think) and they’ll have it up and running.

Terry

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 1:02 pm #50381
Eduan

Hello Terry,

What do you mean? Have iDevAffiliate (the company) offer installing/integrating it with s2Member to work how the client wants it to work?

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 5:39 pm #50391

Eduan,

It seemed they could not get iDevAffiliate working properly and it also seemed like they installed it themselves. I was suggesting they have iDevAffiliate install it. We did and everything worked perfectly from the start.

Terry

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 10:23 pm #50528
Eduan

Oh OK, well glad that worked out well for you. :)

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 5:45 pm #50569

Hi Terry,

No, unfortunately, an IDEV installation would not help in this case. I had a developer install it but have been talking to idea/s2member for around 3 months now trying to get this to work. It must be a unique problem because it’s incredible how difficult it is.

I asked IDEV if they reinstalled it but they said it wouldnt change anything because the system is tracking clicks, unique clicks, and even notifying me when someone cancels a subscription.

But for some reason, its not tracking actual sales. the most important part.

IDEV says all I need to give them is the output and they told me s2member should be able to do this really quickly. But it turns out they can’t. so I’m trying to hire a developer now who might be able to do this.

One of my affiliates is launching in 2 weeks so if it’s not ready for that, I am doomed :(

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 10:04 pm #50777
Eduan

I’m really sorry we haven’t been able to solve this issue yet Matthew. :(

To be honest I’ve provided the help I can ask from Jason and still be in the support policy (for paid members), and personally I’ve provided the help I can. :/

Hope the developer you hire knows what you need and it all happens before those 2 weeks pass. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 11:43 pm #50976

I noticed in the above thread that Jason said he would help further if I upgrade.

Idev has made it easy I believe. They said:

If they can give us OUTPUT of the tracking code call (the URL with variables in it), we can pinpoint the issue immediately.

this is all I need to figure this out. I have hired a developer to track FTP and that also did not work.

It’s been so long and I have lost so many affiliates.

IDEV keeps telling me that s2member should help me out with this.

Can I be helped with this even if I upgrade?

If not, my only choice it another membership site as I cant wait any longer. I rather not switch as that’s another pain, but I need to get this going and out of my head.

Thankd Eduan for all your assistance along the way.

Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:25 pm #51181
Eduan

I’ll refer you to my previous post:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/no-sales-tracking-s2member-idevaffiliate/page/2/#post-48206

Jason here answered what you need, how to get a hold of the OUTPUT variable.

He says how to setup an API notification handler so that when s2Member gets gold of the OUTPUT variable it sends you an email with the output.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 1:06 pm #51339

I got it working! Finnnnnally!

But two things:

1. In order for sales to be tracked, the purchaser must click the registration linked sent to them after they purchased. So its not tracking right when the money is transferred but only after they register at my site via their email link….If ever they don’t recieve that email for some reason, sale won’t be tracked and it could cause a problem.

IDEV told me s2member had fixed this – Do you know about this?

2. Another issue I see now is when I refunded that payment through Paypal and canceled payments to me through their account, I (admin) get this email:

The API file (terminate_commission.php) tried to remove a commission and couldn’t.

IDEV told me this:

Ok if I’m not mistaken S2 updated their later releases to not require that link to be clicked. I’d check with them on that. As for the terminate commission I believe I’ve seen that from other customers in the past and again I believe it was resolved as a bug in later releases of S2. I’d check with them to see what version you should be running to resolve both.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 1:27 pm #51620
Eduan

Hello Matthew,

IDEV told me s2member had fixed this – Do you know about this?

I notified Jason of this, I’m not sure myself, but he’s the expert here. :)

Ok if I’m not mistaken S2 updated their later releases to not require that link to be clicked. I’d check with them on that. As for the terminate commission I believe I’ve seen that from other customers in the past and again I believe it was resolved as a bug in later releases of S2. I’d check with them to see what version you should be running to resolve both.

Also mentioned this. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jun 17th, 2013 at 8:47 am #52031
Eduan

Sorry for the delay. He told me to point you to this KBA:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/idev-s2-commission-tracking/

He also said the following:

The “Advanced” method discussed in that article does NOT require this link to be clicked. Even w/ the Easy method explained in that KB article; the link in an email (which is VERY important btw); still is not the ONLY way to complete checkout. s2Member makes every effort to return the customer to a registration form immediately after checkout; and the email is simply a backup in case the customer got lost somewhere along the way to completing checkout in the normal/intended flow of things.

In either case, the Advanced method works completely behind-the-scene and does not require any user interaction (other than to complete a sale) in one way or another.

I would also recommend s2Member Pro Forms over simple Buttons; so that registration/checkout occur together at the same time, instead of the multi-step process associated with Button transactions.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:59 pm #52302

Okay I will look into that.

But as of now: When someone buys my product through an affiliate link, the sale is only tracked when someone clicks the registration link. If they don’t for some reason, the sale is not tracked.

Which is brings up one more problem as well..

When someone doesn’t receive a registration email (which is rare but does happen) there is no way to re-send them it. This means I have two options. 1) I can register them manually but then I need to manually track if they unsubscribe so that I can manually unsubscribe them. This would be very time-consuming and problematic.

2. I can tell them to cancel and sign up again. This is also a problem because most people don’t want to be bothered with this much work.

Is their a way yet with s2member to resend a registration link?

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 pm #52405

So, I still have 3 major problems even though commission sales are being tracked:

1) Paypal URL: Need this for price tables. I changed output to url, which works. However, it only works for one person to buy and then everyone (who knows how many sales I lost) gets a page that says “This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contract the merchant.”

2) For commissions through IDEV, customers need to click on the registration email that sent after payment. If not clicked or if email is lost, then there is no way to track commission.

3) when someone cancels subscription, it’s not notifying the commission alert to cancel the commission. I need to watch and do this manually.

Any advice?

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.