latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No User Access to any Protected Pages

Home Forums Community Forum No User Access to any Protected Pages

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Uwe KLeinschmidt 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 2:31 pm #10050

I have used the s2Member free plugin to create membership and test before buying. All was working just great – had Level 1 with (3) custom capabilities configured, and controlling access without issue, PayPal working fine, everything just grand.

Then the client decided to have different Level 1 access – so I created Level 2 with the same (3) custom capabilities, made Level 1 have only minimal access and no custom capabilities – and upgraded all users from Level 1 to Level 2 then changed all the page restrictions appropriately from Level 1 to Level 2 w/custom capabilities as needed. (This site is still under construction, so all these are test users – not real members).

Now no member can access ANY of the previously restricted pages, regardless of what page level restrictions are applied, or even if NO restrictions are applied. Every page (previously restricted to Level 1 and changed to Level 2) throws the “you do not have permission to view this form” message.

I have dumped the cache and dumped the cookies – tried on different computers, and used completely different browsers. Made certain to reset brute force logs and IP restriction logs. Tried to create new users, delete existing users – no matter what I do – none of those previously restricted pages can be accessed.

I am thinking there is something I have to “clear” somewhere – but don’t know what that might be. Any advice would be most helpful. Would also like to know if changing the levels as I have done should cause such an issue.

Thanks so much!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Raam Dev. Reason: Moved to Community Forum (not Pre-Sales Question)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 3:30 pm #10070
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
Technical support question, not Pre-Sale (wrong forum).

Moving this thread into Community Forum so you have a chance to receive assistance from other site owners. If you’d like priority support from s2Member®, please re-post this topic in our Customer Support Forum and we’ll take a closer look for you.

For further details, please read our Support Policy.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:03 pm #10078

Thanks for moving me to a place I might get some support – I really did think this was a pre sale question because right now no members can access any pages regardless of level or restriction or no restriction, so I am not inclined to make a purchase until I can figure out what’s wrong. Sorry! Hopefully someone will be able to help me, as of now – I must just completely disable the plugin :(

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:17 pm #10081

I have a similar issue and would appreciate help:

The Site Url and WP access Url are different, which leads to the login page using a different URL than the pages and thus the membership level restrictions don’t work. All protected pages are protected for anybody accessing it, since the membership level resolution expects the login at the SITE Url. The pages are on the WP access URL.

How can I make this work?

thank you

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:27 pm #10087
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Pamela,

Do the users have the correct Custom Capabilities attached to them for Level 2 access or just Level 2 access?

That’s the first thing I would check.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:29 pm #10089
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Uwe,

I’m not sure I understand your set-up. WordPress will default to whatever url is stored in your database. So if the url for your site has changed, you will need to change that in the database as well.

What are the two urls?

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:31 pm #10090

thanks, no custom capabilities are configured or used.
I am referring to the post in the former forum by Jason, which suggested that the cookie management used to identify the members only works for the same URL, so the login URL must be equal to the pages URL for the protection to work.
Am I misunderstanding this topic?

thanks for the quick response.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:34 pm #10091

Dave,

the WP URL is http://autovitalsconnect.info/avblog, this is where it is located
the Site URL is http://blog.autovitals.com

this is used as URL.

I hope that helps. Ty in advance

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:39 pm #10092

Yes – each user has the correct membership level AND custom capability attached.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Pamela Alford.
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:09 pm #10180

Dave, we had an encouraging start yesterday.
did you have a chance to look into this further?

thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.