latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Non-Recurring Annual Purchase

Home Forums Community Forum Non-Recurring Annual Purchase

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 2:29 pm #11629
Ken Moody
Username: kenmoody

I have reviewed a number of forum posts on this topic, and am feeling like a knucklehead, as I still dont have a clear understanding of what I ned to do. So sorry for the redundant post!

I currently have two PayPal buttons in place on my subscription page. One is intended to be a recurring monthly subscription (s2member Level 1 Access). The other is intended to be a one-time-only purchase for a one year membership (s2member Level 2 Access).

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/premium-signup

I created both PayPal buttons using the built in s2member PayPal Buttons for Level #1 Access and PayPal Buttons for Level #2 Access respectively.

On the Level 1 (monthly recurring) Access, the shortcode looks like this:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="DLF Monthly Recurring Subscription - $2.49/month" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="dynastyleaguefootball.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="2.49" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/img/DLF_PremButton2.png" output="button" /]

The Level 2 (annual non-recurring) shortcode looks like this:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="DLF Annual Membership Early Adopter Discount - $14.99 / year" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="dynastyleaguefootball.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="14.99" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/img/DLF_PremButton1.png" output="button" /]

My question is, when folks register for the annual non-recurring access, PayPal creates an annual recurring payment, and then creates another entry to cancel the recurring portion of the transaction. This has created confusion with a number of our subscribers.

If I want to have this processed by PayPal strictly as a one time only non-recurring transaction without the confusing additional steps and entries by PayPal, do I have to create a different “Buy Now” button, or can I simply make some change to the existing shortcode attributes?

Thanks so much for your help!

Ken

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:18 pm #11717
Ken Moody

Bump. Probably a very simple answer to this one. Assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KM

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #11744
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ken,

I believe this is simply a result of how s2Member handles Buy Now memberships and that there isn’t a way around it. However, I’m going to consult with another support rep to see if he can shed any additional light.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 4:03 pm #11747
Ken Moody

Thank you very much for your response Raam. But just to clarify, the annual membership button is not a Buy Now button, but rather a button created through the PayPal for Level#2 Access area, which appears to be different than the area used to create Buy Now buttons. Maybe they end up being the same thing?

Again, thanks a ton, very much appreciate yout time!

KM

Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:55 am #11811

Ken, to make the Level 2 button a buy-now instead of subscription one, change the [hilite mono]rr[/hilite] attribute to [hilite mono]BN[/hilite]: [hilite mono]rr="BN"[/hilite]. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]

rr=”1″ Recurring directive. Only valid w/ Membership Level Access and/or Independent Custom Capabilities. Possible values: 0 = non-recurring “Subscription” with possible Trial Period for free, or at a different Trial Amount; 1 = recurring “Subscription” with possible Trial Period for free, or at a different Trial Amount; BN = non-recurring “Buy Now” functionality, no Trial Period possible.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.