latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Non-Recurring clients not getting access

Home Forums Community Forum Non-Recurring clients not getting access

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:29 pm #31905

My domain is medictests.com, my clients that choose the recurring option do great, it automatically gives them an account, and gives them the correct level of membership. However, I have a “90 day non-recurring” option, and when people select it, they pay, but when I go check their account, it is still level 1 access instead of level 2 or 3. I used the correct buttons. Its been like this for awhile. I have to go in and manually change their user level, then try to remember when to cancel it. Please advise.

Here’s an example page where two options are provided:
http://medictests.com/join/paramedic-practice-tests-holiday-special/

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 8:33 am #31923

Hi Joseph.

Could you please show me the shortcode for the buy-now button?

And do you have the log entries for one of the transactions with that problem? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

By the way, was the user logged in to his account when loading the page with the buy-now button? He needs to be for the account to be upgraded, otherwise s2Member will consider the payment being towards a new registration.

Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 9:57 am #31926

Here is the shortcode:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="3" ccaps="" desc="Paramedic / Holiday Special" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="medictests.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59" rp="3" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

There are no transaction entries in the log.

These are new registrations, and it still won’t assign them to level 3. It gives them a registration and only subscribes them to level 1 (subscriber). These are initial sign ups, so they are new customers.

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:18 am #31968

I see.

it’s weird that there aren’t logs. Do you have logging enabled? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Could you send your site’s info? I’d like to take a look at the settings, do a test transaction and look at the logs, if possible. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #32014

Yes, logs are turned on and I have used the private contact form to submit my info. Thanks for your help so far.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 1:29 am #32197

I didn’t see errors in the logs. I see in your shortcode that, although it’s a one-time payment, it’s a subscription instead of a buy-now transaction. Could you try changing the [hilite mono]rr[/hilite] attribute to [hilite mono]BN[/hilite] (buy now)? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]

[hilite mono][[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="3" ccaps="" desc="Paramedic / Holiday Special" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="medictests.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="3" rt="M" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]][/hilite]

You can use that shortcode to do a live 1 cent transaction to test it. Make sure you’re logged out when you do the test, so it goes towards a new account you can register after checkout, to see if it gets created at Level 3.

Making it a buy-now transaction, it’s also possible for the person to pay with his card instead of being required to login to his PayPal account, as is the case with subscriptions.

Let me know how it goes, please.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:21 am #32244

Thanks! It appears to have worked with my test transaction! Hopefully it will work with all the 90 day subscribers now! Thanks so much! I’ll let ya know for sure in a day or two!

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 6:03 am #32322

Excellent! :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 9:05 am #32353

No, I just had a guy sign up for a 90 day pass this morning and it put him at level 1 instead of level 3. I can’t believe its only me. I’m doing everything right lol

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 1:37 pm #32433
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Did it put him at Level 1 or Level 0 (Free Subscriber)? If it put him at Level 1, then he must have used a button/form that was configured for Level 1, not Level 3. If he signed up and it shows him as a Free Subscriber, then it could be that PayPal didn’t send the payment confirmation message to s2Member yet (sometimes it can take a little while for PayPal to confirm the payment; in the interim, s2Member puts the user at Level 0 and then automatically upgrades them to Level 3 once PayPal indicates the payment has been confirmed).

If you haven’t already, I highly recommend enabling logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging) because looking at those logs will be the next step in attempting to determine the cause of the issue. (If you’ve successfully completed transactions since enabling logging and the log files are empty, then you likely have a problem with the log files or log file directory not being writable by the web server.)

Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 12:42 am #32460

I appreciate that, but I’ve had logging on since the beginning, had someone log in to check (see above) and it still assigns people to level 0 (free.) I’m very very very certain that after a year, the button is set to level 3. Ive redone it, put it on different pages, etc. It has never worked correctly. I’ve already turned in my info once, feel free to take a look.

Seriously, let me know if this is insurmountable. I am expanding into different areas and I want 1 solution that just works, and I will not have time to manually upgrade people and send apology letters much longer. Im not sure what else I can tell you guys at this point. I get the money, their account gets created, it just doesn’t assign them level 3 access. The same thing happens for the level 2 90 day access. It just isn’t taking the 90 day purchase and giving them a membership. I have no problem at all with the monthly memberships.

Also, today, I had someone unable to use the pro form too. They tried twice and it hung at the submit button.
I like S2, because all my sites use wordpress, so please help if you can.

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 8:10 am #32585

I’ll do a test purchase now with my PayPal account (it’s uder my wife’s name: Ana), will post a bit later the results.

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 8:34 am #32587

I used this shortcode, which I copied from your Holiday Special page, but changed the amount to 1 cent:

[[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="EMT / 90 Day Full Access Pass!" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="medictests.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="3" rt="M" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]]

I logged out of the admin account, loaded the test page with that button, clicked it, went throught the checkout, was shown the link to go register at your site, registered and then logged in successfully. Then I logged out and logged into the admin account, looked up the account “cristian” in the users list and confirmed that it has s2Member Level 2 as expected. No errors in the log entries for this transaction, either. And I got all the emails: signup confirmation and new user (although both in the spam folder).

I couldn’t reproduce the problem you mention. Could you provide a step by step to reproduce it please? Including your login status and to what account. Thanks!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.