latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Not receiving Login emails from Clickbank

Home Forums Community Forum Not receiving Login emails from Clickbank

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:37 pm #47716

Hi,

Like other customers, I have setup (and made sales) via Clickbank, but my customers are not reviving the S2Member email with username and password information, and I’m having to enter them manually.

Could someone please have a look at my S2 site setup, and the Clickbank side of things as well? I’ve read through all/most of the posts on here with similar problems, and thought I entered everything correctly: API Dev, Clerk Key, IPN, and so on; however, it just isn’t working.

After a sale (and a test sale) I get the Clickbank notifications and then get the S2Member ‘you should receive an email within 15 minutes..blah,blah,blah’ screen…but nothing else.

If you can acknowledge this, and tell me what you need from me: site login, Clickbank login, Clickbank Master login, and ftp login, and where I can send this to you securely, I’ll pass it over.

Thanks,

Russ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:28 am #47749
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Could you run our server scanner, and see if a test email sends correctly?

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

We are also aware of an incompatibility with WP Mail SMTP that causes this. If you have this plugin, please deactivate it.

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 6:08 am #47764

Hi Bruce,
Iust ran the server scanner:

– – – – –
Notice[NOTICE] WordPress® Memory Limit
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 40M
Notice[NOTICE] WordPress® Home/Site URLs
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that your WordPress® installation be configured with a matching HOST name. This can be changed in the Dashboard, under: WordPress -> Settings -> General -> WordPress/Site URLs. Your current configuration does NOT match: ltaapp.learnthaialphabet.com

You passed on all of these scans :-)
Pass[PASS] PHP Version
You are currently running PHP 5.3.21 (which is fine). Minimum required version is: 5.2.
Pass[PASS] WordPress® Version
You are currently running WordPress® 3.5.1 (which is fine). Minimum required version is: 3.3
Pass[PASS] Multibyte String Extension
The mbstring extension is installed. Your server supports UTF-8 character conversion.
Pass[PASS] ZLib Extension (GZIP)
The zlib extension is installed. Your server supports GZIP compression.
Pass[PASS] Default Hash Extension
The Hash extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports message digests.
Pass[PASS] Default XML Parser Extension
The XML Parser extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports XML parsing.
Pass[PASS] Default libXML Extension
The libXML extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports this important dependency.
Pass[PASS] Default Simple XML Extension
The Simple XML extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server can convert XML into PHP objects.
Pass[PASS] Default XML Reader Extension
The XML Reader extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server has the ability to read XML documents.
Pass[PASS] Default XML Writer Extension
The XML Writer extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server has the ability to write XML documents.
Pass[PASS] Default DOM Extension
The DOM extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports XML document traversal.
Pass[PASS] Default Sessions Extension
The Sessions extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server allows read/write access to session data.
Pass[PASS] MySQL Database Extension
The MySQL extension is installed. Your server supports MySQL database communication.
Pass[PASS] Mcrypt/Encryption Extension
The Mcrypt extension is installed. Your server supports advanced data encryption.
Pass[PASS] Default JSON Extension
The JSON extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports JavaScript object notation.
Pass[PASS] GD Image Extension (JPEG/PNG/FreeType)
The GD Image extension is installed. Your server supports dynamic image creation.
Pass[PASS] Default Fileinfo Extension
The Fileinfo extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP 5.3+. Your server supports MIME type detection.
Pass[PASS] Default Ctype Extension
The Ctype extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports character class detection.
Pass[PASS] PHP eval() Function
The eval() function is available.
Pass[PASS] PHP ini_get() Function
The ini_get() function is available.
Pass[PASS] PHP Short Open Tag: < ?
You are currently running PHP v5.3.21, with short_open_tag=on. So you're good here.
Pass[PASS] PHP Echo Tag:
You are currently running PHP v5.3.21, with short_open_tag=on. Support for PHP echo tags () is enabled.
Pass[PASS] cURL Extension w/ SSL Support
The cURL extension for remote communication via PHP is available (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled).
Pass[PASS] cURL Extension w/ SSL Support (connection test)
The cURL extension for remote communication via PHP is available (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled). Test HTTPS connection to: https://www.websharks-inc.com/robots.txt succeeded.
Pass[PASS] INI fopen() URL w/ SSL Support
The setting allow_url_fopen is on in your php.ini file (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled).
Pass[PASS] INI fopen() URL w/ SSL Support (connection test)
The setting allow_url_fopen is on in your php.ini file (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled). Test HTTPS connection to: https://www.websharks-inc.com/robots.txt succeeded.
Pass[PASS] INI fopen() URL (localhost connection test)
The setting allow_url_fopen is on in your php.ini file (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled). Test HTTP connection to localhost: http://ltaapp.learnthaialphabet.com succeeded.
Pass[PASS] OpenSSL Extension With openssl_sign()
The OpenSSL extension is installed, and PHP function openssl_sign() is available.
Pass[PASS] Temporary Files Directory
A readable/writable temporary files directory was found here: /tmp
Pass[PASS] $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’]
Your server reports this value: /home/learnt23/public_html/ltaapp
Pass[PASS] $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’]
Your server reports this value: ltaapp.learnthaialphabet.com
Pass[PASS] $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’]
Your server reports this value: //s2-server-scanner.php
Pass[PASS] $_SERVER[‘REMOTE_ADDR’]
Your server reports this value: 124.122.173.51
Pass[PASS] $_SERVER[‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’]
Your server reports this value: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Pass[PASS] $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’]
Your server reports this value: 198.46.91.40
Pass[PASS] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member)
Scanned all directories and files in the following plugin directory: /home/learnt23/public_html/ltaapp/wp-content/plugins/s2member. The checksum for this plugin directory (ebc230cc22eb153a6f57f791b3c0db0b), matches up with the official release of this plugin (ebc230cc22eb153a6f57f791b3c0db0b).
Pass[PASS] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member-pro)
Scanned all directories and files in the following plugin directory: /home/learnt23/public_html/ltaapp/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro. The checksum for this plugin directory (5737f3b7a3d5de149b063e7592420219), matches up with the official release of this plugin (5737f3b7a3d5de149b063e7592420219).
Pass[PASS] WordPress® MAX Memory Limit
Your WordPress® MAX memory limit (WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: 256M
Pass[PASS] WordPress® External HTTP Requests
Your WordPress® External HTTP Requests (WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: FALSE
Pass[PASS] WordPress® DB Charset
Your WordPress® database charset (DB_CHARSET in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: utf8
Pass[PASS] WordPress® DB Collation
Your WordPress® database collation (DB_COLLATE in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: an empty string
Pass[PASS] WordPress® Character Encoding
Your WordPress® installation is operating with UTF-8 encoding, under: WordPress -› Settings -› Reading -› Encoding.
Pass[PASS] WordPress® Debugging Mode
Your WordPress® installation is NOT running in debugging mode (WP_DEBUG in /wp-config.php, or by default), is NOT set to TRUE.

– – – – – –

Please advise the next step?

Thanks,

Russ

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 11:00 pm #47827
Bruce
Staff Member

Please advise the next step?

There is a button to test your email capabilities in the Server Scanner. Did you test this functionality?

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 12:30 pm #47882

No I didn’t test that functionality because I followed the link you sent me, and it mentioned nothing about an email test. I followed the instructions by entering the URL \…scanner.php

I’ve just rechecked that page, and there is nothing about an email test button; rest assured, if it had said it, I would have done it.. you didn’t say it, it didn’t say it, I haven’t done it.

Please clarify (and tell me what I need to do to run this test)?

Regards,

Russ

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:38 pm #47941
Bruce
Staff Member

I’ve just rechecked that page, and there is nothing about an email test button; rest assured, if it had said it, I would have done it.. you didn’t say it, it didn’t say it, I haven’t done it.

It looks like this:

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 12:19 am #47964

All I see is a green ‘3-pin’ plug, there is no email test functionality option.

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 12:21 am #47965
Bruce
Staff Member

All I see is a green ’3-pin’ plug, there is no email test functionality option.

You need to make sure you’re logged in as an admin in WordPress. Then it should show up. :-)

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 7:51 pm #48022

I’ve done it more than twice, logged-in as admin, and not logged-in – I still only see the green 3-pin plug.

Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 8:39 am #48038

If you can acknowledge this, and tell me what you need from me: site login, Clickbank login, Clickbank Master login, and ftp login, and where I can send this to you securely, I’ll pass it over.

You can submit all those using our secure contact form, please: s2Member® » Private Contact Form.

Also make sure you have logging enabled, as the logs will help debug this. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Do you get any emails from WordPress? If you register a free account, does the New User email get sent? If not, please read this: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 8:13 am #48562

Hi,
Is there anything further on this?
Thanks,
Russ

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:13 am #48795

Can you please update me as to what is going on?

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 9:46 am #48903

Hi Russ, sorry about the delay, I haven’t been around since Saturday and just returned today. I didn’t notice the email with the site info when you sent it, we usually wait for an update in the thread letting us know that it was sent. Sorry for not noticing it sooner.

I found the email with the info but when I tried to login to the dashboard, I got an error. I guess you probably changed the credentials after not hearing back from me. Could you please send an updated one and let me know here that you did? Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 10:34 am #48916

Hi Cristian,
I’ve just sent the login details via the contact form. I have tested all logins, and they all work.
Thanks,
Russ

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 10:41 am #48919

Thanks! I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:02 am #48921

I see this error in the log:

4 => ‘Unable to add new Capabilities. Missing User/Member details. Please check the `on0` and `os0` variables in your Button Code.’,

I looked for the ClickBank button in the pitch page, but only found a PayPal one. I found you have an s2hacks.php must-use plugin, but couldn’t connect to the FTP with the credentials I received for it. Are you using that hack for the ClickBank button? If not, where’s the button? I’d like to review it. Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:14 am #48923

Check out page iId 808 ‘The Learn Thai Alphabet Application Home Page’ (which is the page which I use from Clickbank); it’s on there.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 1:36 am #48995

Thanks.

The ClickBank button’s shortcode in that page looks okay. I tried viewing the page while logged out for a test purchase, but it kept sending me to the “expired offer” page. So I ended up copying the shortcode to a new temporary test page, generated a CB test card and made a purchase.

Everything went fine. I got the ClickBank receipt email, the s2Member signup confirmation email, and the WP new user email. I logged in as the admin again and looked at the new user profile, and it includes the ccaps.

I couldn’t reproduce your problem. Maybe you were logged in when you tested? Or you changed something since the last failed test? Could you try again the way I described it and see if you succeed too? If you have trouble, please enable logging and run a new test purchase to get more info to help find the cause of the problem.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 2:24 am #48996

I just tried this, and it works as you said it did. How bizarre!

I don’t know what you did, but I can assure you it wasn’t working before – so thanks for your help; it’s very much appreciated.

I’ve rectified the redirect as well: it was a function of one of my plugins which even though the redirect had been deleted, was still actually in effect (!?) – I deactivated the plugin and it no longer redirects.

So, I’m pleased, and happy to say, all is working fine.

Thanks again Cristian.

Kind regards,

Russ

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 11:14 am #49019

Excellent! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.