latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Not recognizing custom post types?

Home Forums Community Forum Not recognizing custom post types?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 12:15 pm #39890

I finally was able to configure default role with post editing capabilities using the Role Editor plugin. But we have another plugin that adds a custom post type of Recipes that we need users to be able to edit in addition to regular posts. How do you add that higher level into s2member?

There was a good start here….and then no answer…http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/allow-member-to-authoredit-posts/

I have also tried adding custom capabilities to level one such as edit_tags, edit_cuisine, but then when I click on the option to go edit I go to this page with a cheatin’ error… wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=cuisine

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Scott Foster.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Scott Foster.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 12:12 am #39965

*bump

Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:33 pm #40308
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

I finally was able to configure default role with post editing capabilities using the Role Editor plugin. But we have another plugin that adds a custom post type of Recipes that we need users to be able to edit in addition to regular posts. How do you add that higher level into s2member?

The structure for allowing the edit of custom post types is like such:

edit_posts = Posts
edit_pages = Pages
edit_cards = Cards (Custom Post Type)

You’ll need to find the correct capability for your specific custom post type.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.