latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Not redirecting from PayPal for registration

Home Forums Community Forum Not redirecting from PayPal for registration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #14511
Devra
Username: devra

Help! We just purchased the Pro version of S2Member, but had been using the free version up until now. We had tested selling our pages through membership, paying with PayPal.

Here is what was happening:
1. Clicked the PayPal button from our site.
2. Payed on PayPal.
3. Payment complete, we’re shown an ugly gray screen saying that we could proceed to registration.
4. Registered from the s2Member registration page, and everything was fine.

Today, on the day that we have launched (HELP), here is what happens:
1. Clicked the PayPal button from our site.
2. Payed on PayPal.
3. Payment complete, we’re shown a different ugly gray screen saying that we must now look at our email to proceed. We are redirected to the home page.
4. The email we received contains a blank userid and blank password.

So, now the customer has paid, but that payment information does not result in a registration.

So, you ask me, what have I changed? Today, I implemented the Security Badge. I clicked the Yes option under the Security Badge to enable the API. I placed the image of the Security Badge in my footer. Should that have changed the redirect process? Can’t imagine it. Also, I changed the wording of the email the new registrants received. Other than that, I am innocent.

Any idea how to change the redirect back to registration, rather than the home page?

Thanks for any and all ideas.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 8:15 am #14577
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello Devra,

Can you tell us what your Open Registration setting is set to (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration)?

If it’s set No ( do NOT allow open registration ), then s2Member will wait until it receives payment confirmation from PayPal and only then will it allow registration. Since it could take PayPal a few minutes to send that payment confirmation message to s2Member, we notify the customer that they will receive an email with a link where they can register.

However, if you’re using the Pro-Forms, then the user should’ve created their account as part of their payment process. Are you using Pro-Forms or just the PayPal Buttons?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.