latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Once a membership payment is suspended…

Home Forums Community Forum Once a membership payment is suspended…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:36 am #45555
cassel
Username: cassel

I had 2 instances of a monthly payment being cancelled or suspended after it failed through Paypal. In one case, i got the notification of the failed payment, and when i contacted the member she said she didn’t cancel anything, so i assumed it was accidental. However, i just received a notice that the payment is suspended. At this point, how would i be able to restart the monthly membership without her having to go to the “$X for 3 months and then $x per month”?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:10 am #45711

In one case, i got the notification of the failed payment, and when i contacted the member she said she didn’t cancel anything, so i assumed it was accidental. However, i just received a notice that the payment is suspended.

Maybe the payments failed and PayPal ended the subscription? This seems to be on PayPal’s end, because that’s where s2Member gets it from.

how would i be able to restart the monthly membership without her having to go to the “$X for 3 months and then $x per month”?

I’m not sure I understand the question. To create a new subscription, the person would have to click your subscription button and checkout again. What do you mean by x months at one price etc.? Do you offer the first few months at another rate? If so, you can create a button just for this user to resume the membership without an initial term.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:21 am #45714
cassel

Yes, that was the question: currently, the subscription they have is a monthly one that came after a 6 month for a fee. I thought of having a special button for that person only but i thought there might be a way to “resume” payments at the point they were when it failed.

It might be something to add as a feature in future major release to make it simple to resume after whatever incident (one of my members had to change her account info, and that caused a failure and subscription cancellation from Paypal, too).

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:34 am #45718

I see.

Well, s2Member doesn’t manage the subscription, PayPal does. If there’s a way to resume it, it’d be on their side. On s2Member’s side, the option would be to create a new subscription with the terms as if the user were resuming the old one (e.g. without a new initial term).

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 2:09 pm #45805
cassel

When a subscription is cancelled, i gather that all the ccaps are also removed, right? At least, that is what i can see happened. In order to prevent accident error on my part, i always add a comment in the comment box like a history; something like “purchased X on 13-03-2012; ccap automatically added” or “Demoted automatically on 10-12-2012” (i needed to keep track of what was automatically set as far as ccaps and what was not, if the member purchased a second product without being logged in).

Anyways, considering that ALL ccaps are removed if the member is demoted through EOT, it might be a pain to figure out all the ccaps that were added, especially if some of them are NOT part of the demotion. Here is a suggestion for Jason: keep a history of the various ccaps assigned, added, removed, etc. in the comment part.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:28 am #45865

Thanks. :)

About the ccap removal on demotion, there’s now a setting to prevent that. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Remove all Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 11:54 am #45875
cassel

Thank Cristian, however, this does not really solve the issue.

The options are either the member is demoted to a free subscriber, or the account is deleted. If a member has paid access through a Buy now button, but fails to pay the monthly, i still need the member to stay a Level1, but loose access to the particular ccap that was associated with the monthly payment.

Also, to the question “Membership EOTs also Remove all Custom Capabilities? “, the choices are loss of all the ccaps or no effect. Well, if a member stops paying for a particular course, i need the member to lose access to the ccaps associated with that particular payment, but not ALL the ccaps.

I think there needs to be some in-between options, or at the least, have a list of all the ccaps with dates of start and end, so admin can either reinstate deleted ccaps, or also explain what happened if a demotion was applied. IN fact, right now, s2M has no history kept of what members have purchased, had access to, lost access to, etc. It could be a useful addition.

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 8:58 am #46045

Yes, it will definitely be useful.

Right, s2Member currently does not support subscriptions for ccaps, EOTs for ccaps individually, or keep a log of these. I have these in the feature requests list.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.