latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

One time offer code question –

Home Forums Community Forum One time offer code question –

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 29th, 2013 at 8:22 am #61499

On my site, I have a code for all non-registered users to get a one-time offer and it looks like this:: “1:1:webpage/”

However, all level 1 people who have registered can LATER get that same offer — which subsequently makes them a level 2.

In addition, a non-registered person on my site can bypass a level 1 and go straight to level 2.

The problem is, when a level 1 signs up, the OTO shows up as an upsell for a discounted rate.

And if you bypass level one and go straight to level 2, it’s more money, (with the benefit of not subscribing) but you still get the OTO upon the first login attempt.

How do I write a code where NO level 2 people get an OTO redirect?

Thanks everyone!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 7th, 2013 at 6:37 pm #61750

Any info on this? It has large implications when I send out deals in an autoresponder.

Posted: Sunday Dec 8th, 2013 at 9:44 am #61757
cassel
Username: cassel

Maybe you can use some kind of conditionals so that the offer only appears to people NOT at level 2 or something like that?

Posted: Monday Dec 9th, 2013 at 10:35 am #61778

That’s just the thing. This is dealing with people GETTING level 2.

When someone is level zero, they can buy something to make them level 2.

Conversely, they can be level 1 and make them level 2.

And when they have their first login attempt, no matter where they came in to register, they get the OTO that makes the level 2 package cheaper because they bought the ‘upgrade to level 2’ package deal.

Posted: Monday Dec 9th, 2013 at 1:41 pm #61779
cassel
Username: cassel

I am still not sure. I don’t know if s2m can monitor a “first login” in any way, however, it can be coded to show specific offers to specific users.

If you had a code like this:

[s2If !current_user_can(access_s2member_level2)]
Show the OTO
[/s2If]

That would show the OTO to anyone who is not a level 2 member. Conversely, if you want something specific to Level 1 members who want to go to level 2, you could have

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1) AND !current_user_can(access_s2member_level2)]
OTO offer for Level 1 members only
[/s2If]

And if you want something for those who are NOT even level 1 to bypass level 1 to go to level 2, you can try this:

[s2If is_user_logged_in() AND !current_user_can(access_s2member_level1) AND !current_user_can(access_s2member_level2)]
OTO offer for Level 0 members only
[/s2If]

And you can also put all those 3 conditionals on the single page, so whoever shows up on the site, will have the offer that matches their specific level.

Would that work, or am I still understanding wrong?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.