latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Only 20% of sales triggering aweber signup

Home Forums Community Forum Only 20% of sales triggering aweber signup

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 1:59 pm #8631

Hi,

Using s2Member pro with the AWeber® List Server Integration.

Running a promo today, with 40 sales shown in s2Member and confirmed in PayPal. But only about 14 of those names have been subscribed to the aweber list.

List settings are correct (haven’t changed), and since some are getting through we know something’s working.

Two questions:

1. Any idea what could cause this inconsistency of some, but not all, getting through?

2. Is there a log I can check to see if s2Member is getting error messages from aweber?

Thanks

Ric

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:13 pm #8633

OK, found the logs: I want to make sure I’m reading them right:

Here is an example of an email address that did NOT get added to the list after a sale:

WordPress® v3.3.1 :: s2Member® v110620 :: s2Member® Pro v110606
http://www.kidsfoodcenter.com/buy-now?s2-ssl=yes&s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return&token=EC-82786xxxxxxxxxT&PayerID=BVCTXDVURCUGC
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/534.53.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.3 Safari/534.53.10
array (
‘function’ => ‘process_list_servers’,
‘func_get_args’ =>
array (
0 => ‘s2member_level1’,
1 => ‘1’,
2 => ‘andrexxxird’,
3 => ‘goodxxxsfor’,
4 => ‘andxxxxxx@gmail.com’,
5 => ‘Andrea’,
6 => ‘Laird’,
7 => ‘174.143.11.238’,
8 => true,
9 => true,
10 => 838,
),
‘wp_mail_method’ => ‘listSubscribe’,
‘list_id’ => ‘foodsxxxxxxxew’,
‘bcc’ => false,
‘pass_inclusion’ => ‘
Password: goodiesfor’,
‘wp_mail_sbj’ => ‘s2Member Subscription Request’,
‘wp_mail_msg’ => ‘s2Member Subscription Request
s2Member w/ PayPal Email ID
Ad Tracking: s2Member-www.kidsfoodcenter.com
EMail Address: andxxxxxxird@gmail.com
Buyer: Andrea Laird
Full Name: Andxxxxaird
First Name: Andxxxx
Last Name: Laixxrd
IP Address: 174.143.11.238
User ID: 83xxxx
Username: andrxxxrd
Password: goodixxxxr
Role: s2member_level1
Level: 1
CCaps:
– end.’,
‘wp_mail_headers’ => ‘From: “Anxxxxxird”
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8’,
‘wp_mail_response’ => true,
‘wp_mail_success’ => true,
)

I’m assuming the ‘wp_mail_response’ => true, and ‘wp_mail_success’ => true, means that aweber has responded and subscribed this email address. Or jjst confirmation that the request has been sent?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  RicMazereeuw.
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:30 pm #8637

Is it that the emails are being delivered and that the customers have to confirm subscription within the email to be subscribed to the list ‘Double Opt-In’ and that only 20% have so far opened that email and opted in?
20% is better than what I have lol.

Also your second post contains very sensitive information that I would recommend editing out :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 3:27 pm #8642

Hey Philly,

Thanks for pointing out the sensitive info issue: was in help ticket mode, not forum mode l-)

Aweber shows people who haven’t confirmed as well, and there is a mix in the 14, so that’s not it…

r

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:41 am #8708

Hi Ric.

I’m not sure what the problem could be… Did you read this article?
Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration

I hope it helps.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:08 am #8729

I did, but can you tell me what the log entry shows — if anything? Is it simply that WP sent the email?

I know the parser is set up OK, because some of the emails are working. Just looking for clues…

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 11:20 am #8745
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ric,

That log entry indicates that s2Member sent the subscription request to Aweber, meaning it’s out of s2Member’s hands beyond that point. If Aweber shows that it never received the subscription request, that would indicate a problem between the time when s2Member sent the request and when Aweber should’ve received the request.

Since the subscription request goes from s2Member to Aweber via an email, what I recommend trying is configuring an SMTP server for all WordPress email delivery. It’s possible that some of the emails are being lost (i.e., Aweber might not be receiving them) due to unreliable email delivery.

Please see this KB article for instructions: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:25 pm #8761

Thanks, Raam. I’ve set up the SMTP plugin, and hope that will settle things down a bit.

Thanks for your response…

r

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:31 pm #8763

Hi Raam,

Quick followup question… The way these emails are being sent from s2Member is that the from address is the subscriber’s address, so what does switching my smtp setting change? Or have I go this set up wrong?

Andxxxss Andrexx@xxxxus.net to foodsense_new

show details 8/25/11

s2Member Subscription Request
s2Member w/ PayPal Email ID
Ad Tracking: s2Member-www.kidsfoodcenter.com
EMail Address: Andrxxxx@xxxus.net
Buyer: Andxxxx xxxxss
Full Name: Andxxx xxxss
First Name: Andxxx
Last Name: xxxxiss
IP Address: 174.143.11.xxxx
User ID: 187
Username: Andrxxxx
Password: kai29xxxxx
Role: s2member_level1
Level: 1
CCaps:
– end.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:45 pm #8768
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Ric,

The email that gets sent to Aweber includes the subscribers address (so that Aweber knows which email address should be subscribed to the list), but that email doesn’t come from the subscriber; it comes from WordPress/s2Member. (see below). That means it will be sent using whatever from address WordPress/s2Member is configured with and it will use the SMTP settings defined (if none are defined, which is the default, WordPress will attempt to use the mail transfer agent on the web server to send the email and sometimes that causes problems).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Raam Dev.
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:47 pm #8769

OK, that may be the issue… My emails ARE getting sent from the subscriber’s address.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 1:06 pm #8773
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Ric,

I was mistaken. I just looked at the source code and the email should be coming from the subscribers email address.

However, if you install an SMTP plugin in WordPress, those emails should still be relayed through whatever SMTP server you configure, so I suggest giving that a shot to see if it helps with delivery.

My apologies for the confusion.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 12:35 pm #8925

Hi Raam,

The plugin has been installed, and we’re still getting slaughtered: Most of our customers aren’t getting added to the list. Can you suggest any other options?

Can we change it so the emails come from us, or does aweber need them to come from the subscriber?

Thanks

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:12 pm #8982

Ric, I just noticed from your log entry that you have a quite outdated version of s2Member installed: v110620.

There have been several improvements to the MailChimp integration in these past 9 months. I strongly suggest that you update your installation to the latest release, since your problem is probably solved already.

Remember to make a backup of your site first!

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:24 pm #9409

Hi Cristian,

I know I’m behind on updates, but we made a few customizations (including disabling the email s2member sends to the customer, and including the username and password in the info it send to aweber). Aweber then sends out the email to the customer with their username and password included.

In the newest version of s2Member, are their controls to stop the email s2member sends to the customer, and ways to add username and password to the info it send to aweber, or will I have to make code-level changes again?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:30 pm #9410

Does the new version of s2Member actually use the aweber API (as opposed to an email parser)?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:19 pm #9416

Hey Guys,

Since installing that plugin, none of the emails are getting through: Just checked the logs and they’re all ending like this now:

– end.’,
‘wp_mail_headers’ => ‘From: “Nikxxxxxxnnett”
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8’,
‘wp_mail_response’ => false,
)

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 4:14 am #9434

s2Member is still using AWeber’s email parser, but Jason is working on the API integration.

You’d need to apply your customizations again if you made them to the source files instead of using a plugin. You could do a diff of the original file for that version you have, and make a note of the changes, so you apply them again after the update. It shouldn’t be too hard, but if you create a hack in the must-use plugins dir, you won’t have to worry about updates after that.

Not sure if your version already has the improvements to edit the new user email, if not, you may want to give it a look: Knowledge Base » Editing the New User Email Notification with s2Member®

About the emails problem, I don’t know why it could be, but Raam wrote a good article on fixing email problems that should help: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.