latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Open registration with s2member pro

Home Forums Community Forum Open registration with s2member pro

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Montaya 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 9:19 pm #60784
Montaya
Username: montaya

I bought unlimited s2member pro
Using this recent video as a guide, I switched off allow open registration–

http://www.s2member.com/videos/ftE1qxVpPQ1dYGuhafaP8OQQ3FM0aRMw/

When I put the registation shortcode,
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="mi.groupsoz.com.au" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]
It now allows Open Registration using the s2member form.

I also want to allow anyone to create a group before they register. The idea is that they can create a group and register in their new group and then invite others to join.
The create group button and the form only appear after I, as admin, am logged in.
Is there a code to allow an unregistered visitor to create their own group and then register in that group? or is there another option? Can you help?
Montaya

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 9:55 pm #60785
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not 100% sure but I don’t think it is possible out of the box with s2M, however, I saw a hack that could be close to what you are looking for (I never used it, I just read about it, so I might be totally off)

http://krumch.com/2013/07/09/kc-groups-management/?ap_id=Cassel

Would that work? If it is close to what you need but not exactly, you can always ask the programmer to tweak it for you. It is fairly expensive but I think it was meant mostly for large companies, so it might not suit your need either. But it is free to look! ;)

Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link but only for tracking purpose and not for commission.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Friday Nov 1st, 2013 at 3:07 am #60797
Montaya
Username: montaya

Yes thank you Cassel. Will look some more.
At this stage the site is aimed at a community with no income, we have spent most of our budget and until we have some income that price for one item is high.
Montaya

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.