latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Page access restriction (quick question!)

Home Forums Community Forum Page access restriction (quick question!)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:40 pm #42874
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Hi there – I set up a page restriction functionality. It was incredibly easy to set-up and works great. However, I want to check – When a person pays and gets a link to access the specific page, the link is not specific to him or her, correct?

That is, a person can pay and share the link…? Anyone with the link can download, right? (In other words, there is no fraud protection)

Just checking.

Thanks!

Ryan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 4:45 pm #43059
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ryan,

In short, the best way to find out is to try it yourself. ;)

Although, thinking about it again, it’s very probable it doesn’t have this kind of fraud detection. Because it would be un-effective if the user changes his location for example. :/

I can ask Jason to possibly improve this, if you could come up with the generation process for the links, in other words, how the link should be generated especially for each user. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 5:34 pm #43067
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Thanks Eduan. I think you are correct. I sent the link to a friend and she was able to use. Not really a problem, quite frankly. I was mainly just curious.

Thanks again!

Ryan

Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 10:43 am #43106
Eduan
Username: Eduan

OK, well glad I was able to answer your question. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.