latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paid Member Accidentally Demoted by s2member

Home Forums Community Forum Paid Member Accidentally Demoted by s2member

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 1:32 pm #50025

Hey Guys,

Thanks for any insight into this matter.

Recently I have had 2 new customers sign up for my monthly paid subscription, and then “cancel” on the same day. Only catch is that these customers did not cancel on their own, nor did I manually cancel their memberships. It seems like s2member may have automatically canceled their accounts soon after signing up.

This is what I found in the administrative notes section for one of the members:

Demoted by s2Member: Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm UTC
Paid Subscr. ID @ time of demotion: paypal -› I-4PV8B6JDN88L

My guess is that I may need to provide more information to get to the bottom of this issue. In the mean time I am wondering if you have seen and diagnosed this issue before?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and take care,

Ryan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 8:04 pm #50039

*This issue has been solved*

Just an update here for anyone else dealing with this issue.

It is not an s2member issue at all, it’s a buyers’ issue – according to PayPal support.

What happened in my case was the buyer purchased a membership, and s2member created their account as it normally would.

However, I don’t know if PayPal delayed the initial charge, but a few hours later that transaction failed. According to the PayPal support team, the buyer’s credit card or PayPal account failed and the new member was demoted.

Still not sure why the account was approved in the first place, if the initial transaction to setup their membership failed.

I suppose I’ll go bug PayPal again. lol

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 8:48 pm #50149
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the update Ryan. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.