latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paid Subscriber not granted Lvl 1 Access

Home Forums Community Forum Paid Subscriber not granted Lvl 1 Access

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #25817

My new membership site has been live for the past three weeks. s2Member seems to be working flawlessly except for one incident (that I know of) where a new member paid for level one access upon signup but was added to the system at Subscriber level. I have verified the PayPal transaction and the account creation date stamp matches. The user was also added to my AWeber list as a Level 0 member at the same time.

I do not believe this is a systemic problem since approximately 750 Level 0 members and 95 paid members have been processed correctly by s2Member Pro. Unfortunately, I still have to manually verify all paid membership.

This is a very urgent matter to me and I really need to investigate this. Can you let me know what information you need from me or what I can check to make sure that this does not happen again. The payment was processed using s2member Pro forms for level one access.

Thanks,

Jim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:23 pm #25821
cassel
Username: cassel

James, is it possible that the member was already registered level 0 when he paid the transaction to go up to level 1? I noticed that if a member is already registered but NOT LOGGED IN when they pay for the transaction, it does not update correctly. I have that problem with ccaps that are not added so i have to check every paid transaction to make sure the level or ccaps are correctly set, or i have to do it manually.

If this is not your case, then, hopefully someone more experienced will be able to help.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:42 pm #25832

Thanks for the info. This sounds plausible but the Payment date stamp matches the account creation and the payment type was for a new membership and not an upgrade.

I really appreciate your input!

Jim

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 7:25 pm #25866
cassel
Username: cassel

Then i guess my explanation does not apply. However, keep that in mind as it can happen in that scenario. Hopefully a support rep will be able to help you soon.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 7:32 am #25912

Hi Jim.

Are you using a PayPal button or pro-form? If the latter, are you using PayPal Pro or just Express Checkout?

If the button, it could be that he paid but didn’t return properly to the site, so he wasn’t cookied by s2Member so his account has the paid access on registration, and he probably didn’t use the registration link sent by email either.

If the pro-form, maybe his payment wasn’t successful and that’s why, although the account was created, it got set to Level 0. Do you have the log entries for this transaction? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 8:04 am #25920

Thanks for the reply.

It is a pro-form (see original post). I have records from PayPal including the Trans ID #. The PayPal transaction was completed, the wordpress account got created, and the AWeber list was updated at the same time (i.e. – all had timestamps reflecting a transaction occurring at 9/8/12 – 11:04 AM CDT). The issue is that the user was set to Level 0 (both in WordPress and AWeber). The Transaction ID was not added to the WordPress account.

I have 83 paid members (Level 1) that used the Pro Form for Level 1 and this is the only occurrence of this happening on my site. The site has been live 23 days.

Since I updated the user’s account to Level 1 manually, I’ll need to somehow update the database for this user to set a membership end date. I’m not sure what else needs to be updated in the database.

Let me know what other information you need.

Cheers,

Jim

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 8:44 am #25936

Since I updated the user’s account to Level 1 manually, I’ll need to somehow update the database for this user to set a membership end date. I’m not sure what else needs to be updated in the database.

In the user’s profile, enter the gateway and subscr. ID. Leave the EOT time blank, since that’ll be updated when s2Member is told by PayPal about it.

The issue is that the user was set to Level 0 (both in WordPress and AWeber). The Transaction ID was not added to the WordPress account.

I’d need to see the entries from all the log files for this transaction. Could you post those x’ing out private info (e.g. email)? Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:52 pm #25972

Here are the logs I have. Let me know if you need anything else as where to find the info.

PayPal IPN

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120622 :: s2Member® Pro v120622
Memory 35.40 MB :: Real Memory 36.50 MB :: Peak Memory

35.51 MB :: Real Peak Memory 36.50 MB
notebookgallery.com/?

s2member_paypal_notify=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=paypal&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=pro-

emails&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=06128d1a03b3352dc9c43c41ce93b079&s2member_paypal_proxy_return_url=http%3A%2F

%2Fnotebookgallery.com%2Fpremium-membership-successful%2F
User-Agent: WordPress/3.4.1; http://notebookgallery.com
array (
‘txn_type’ =>

‘web_accept’,
‘txn_id’ => ‘5XN24949X6889571S’,
‘custom’ => ‘notebookgallery.com’,
‘mc_gross’ => ‘42.66’,
‘mc_currency’ => ‘USD’,
‘tax’ => ‘0.00’,

‘payer_email’ => ‘xxxxxx@xxxxx.ca’,
‘first_name’ => ‘Jxxxx’,
‘last_name’ => ‘Kxxxx’,
‘option_name1’ => ‘Originating Domain’,
‘option_selection1’ =>

‘notebookgallery.com’,
‘option_name2’ => ‘Customer IP Address’,
‘option_selection2′ => ’64.xxx.xxx.xxx’,
‘item_name’ => ‘COUPON 10% off. ( Now:

$42.66 for 1 year ) ~ ORIGINALLY: The Notebook Gallery Premium Membership – One Year’,
‘item_number’ => ‘1::1 Y’,
‘proxy_verified’ => ‘paypal’,

‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘IPN received on: Sat Sep 8, 2012 4:04:08 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key’,
2 =>

‘s2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]` ) validated.’,
3 => ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ).’,

=> ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ) w/o update vars.’,
5 => ‘Signup Confirmation Email sent to: “Jxxxx Kxxxx”

.’,
6 => ‘Subscr. Return ( `modification=0` ), a Proxy Return URL is ready.’,
7 => ‘Storing `payment` for Subscription via (

`web_accept` ).’,
8 => ‘Creating an IPN response for `subscr_payment`. This will go into a Transient Queue; and be processed during registration.’,
9 =>

‘Storing IPN signup vars into a Transient Queue. These will be processed on registration.’,
),
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
‘subscr_id’ =>

‘5XN24949X6889571S’,
‘eotper’ => ‘1 Y’,
‘ccaps’ => ”,
‘level’ => ‘1’,
‘ip’ => ’64.xxx.xxx.xxx’,
‘period1’ => ‘0 D’,
‘mc_amount1’ => ‘0.00’,
‘period3’ => ‘1

Y’,
‘mc_amount3’ => ‘42.66’,
‘initial_term’ => ‘0 D’,
‘initial’ => ‘42.66’,
‘regular’ => ‘42.66’,
‘regular_term’ => ‘1 Y’,
‘recurring’ => ‘0’,

‘s2member_paypal_proxy’ => ‘paypal’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy_use’ => ‘pro-emails’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy_verification’ =>

‘06128d1a03b3352dc9c43c41ce93b079’,
)

——————————————————————————————————-

PayPal API

Memory 32.22 MB :: Real Memory 32.50 MB :: Peak Memory

32.28 MB :: Real Peak Memory 32.50 MB
notebookgallery.com/membership/
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64;

Trident/5.0)
——– Input vars: ( Sat Sep 8, 2012 4:04:04 pm UTC ) ——–
array (
‘METHOD’ => ‘DoDirectPayment’,
‘PAYMENTACTION’ => ‘Sale’,
‘EMAIL’

=> ‘xxxxxx@xxxxx.ca’,
‘FIRSTNAME’ => ‘Jxxxx’,
‘LASTNAME’ => ‘Kxxxx’,
‘IPADDRESS’ => ’64.xxx.xxx.xxx’,
‘DESC’ => ‘COUPON 10% off. ( Now:

$42.66 for 1 year ) ~ ORIGINALLY: The Notebook Gallery Premium Membership – One Year’,
‘CUSTOM’ => ‘notebookgallery.com’,
‘CURRENCYCODE’

=> ‘USD’,
‘ITEMAMT’ => ‘42.66’,
‘TAXAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘AMT’ => ‘42.66’,
‘L_QTY0’ => ‘1’,
‘L_NAME0’ => ‘COUPON 10% off. ( Now: $42.66 for 1 year ) ~

ORIGINALLY: The Notebook Gallery Premium Membership – One Year’,
‘L_NUMBER0’ => ‘1::1 Y’,
‘L_AMT0’ => ‘42.66’,
‘CREDITCARDTYPE’ => ‘Visa’,

‘ACCT’ => ‘************xxxx’,
‘EXPDATE’ => ‘xxxxxx’,
‘CVV2’ => ‘xxx’,
‘STREET’ => ‘PO Box xxxx’,
‘CITY’ => ‘xxxxxxxx’,
‘STATE’ => ‘xx’,

‘COUNTRYCODE’ => ‘CA’,
‘ZIP’ => ‘xxxxxx’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘USER’ => ‘xxxxxx.notebookgallery.com’,
‘PWD’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,

‘SIGNATURE’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,
)
——– Output string/vars: ( Sat Sep 8, 2012 4:04:07 pm UTC ) ——–
TIMESTAMP=2012%2d09%2d08T16%3a04%3a06Z&CORRELATIONID=9221a2e449b33&ACK=Success&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=3587318&AM

T=42%2e66&CURRENCYCODE=USD&AVSCODE=D&CVV2MATCH=M&TRANSACTIONID=5XN24949X6889571S
array (
‘TIMESTAMP’ => ‘2012-09

-08T16:04:06Z’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘9221a2e449b33’,
‘ACK’ => ‘Success’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘BUILD’ => ‘3587318’,
‘AMT’ => ‘42.66’,

‘CURRENCYCODE’ => ‘USD’,
‘AVSCODE’ => ‘D’,
‘CVV2MATCH’ => ‘M’,
‘TRANSACTIONID’ => ‘5XN24949X6889571S’,
)

AWeber API

Memory 34.39 MB :: Real Memory 34.50 MB :: Peak Memory

34.44 MB :: Real Peak Memory 34.50 MB
notebookgallery.com/membership/
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64;

Trident/5.0)
array (
‘function’ => ‘process_list_servers’,
‘func_get_args’ =>
array (
0 => ‘subscriber’,
1 => ‘0’,
2 => ‘sxxxxxy’,
3 => ‘xxxxxxxxxxx’,

=> ‘xxxxx@xxxxx.ca’,
5 => ‘Jxxxx’,
6 => ‘Kxxxx’,
7 => ’64.xxx.xxx.xxx’,
8 => true,
9 => true,
10 => 371,
),
‘wp_mail_method’ => ‘listSubscribe’,

‘list_id’ => ‘xxxx-xxxxx-0’,
‘bcc’ => false,
‘pass_inclusion’ => false,
‘wp_mail_sbj’ => ‘s2Member Subscription Request’,
‘wp_mail_msg’ => ‘s2Member

Subscription Request
s2Member w/ PayPal Email ID
Ad Tracking: s2Member-notebookgallery.com
EMail Address: xxxxx@xxxxxx.ca
Buyer: Jxxxx KxxxxFull

Name: Jxxxxx KxxxxFirst Name: Jxxxx
Last Name: Kxxxx
IP Address: 64.xxx.xxx.xxx
User ID: 371
Login: sxxxxxy
Role: subscriber
Level: 0
CCaps:
– end.’,

‘wp_mail_headers’ => ‘From: “Jxxxx Kxxxx”
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8’,
‘wp_mail_response’ => true,
‘wp_mail_success’ => true,
)

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 7:38 am #26034

Thanks!

5 => ‘Signup Confirmation Email sent to: “Jxxxx Kxxxx”.’,
6 => ‘Subscr. Return ( `modification=0` ), a Proxy Return URL is ready.’,
7 => ‘Storing `payment` for Subscription via ( `web_accept` ).’,
8 => ‘Creating an IPN response for `subscr_payment`. This will go into a Transient Queue; and be processed during registration.’,
9 => ‘Storing IPN signup vars into a Transient Queue. These will be processed on registration.’,

Well, the confirmation email was sent, which would include a registration link for that user, but I’m not sure from the rest of the log if he got cookied to register properly if not using the link in the email. For some reason the vars were stored in the transient queue, which I don’t understand well. I’ll email Jason asking about it.

In the meantime, could you check with the user if when he registered he used his registration link in the confirmation email? Thanks!

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 7:40 am #26035

Ah, I also noticed that you’re not using the latest release of s2Member. I’m not sure if it’d solve the problem you’re having, but it’s always good to be up-to-date to avoid problems from previous releases. And always remember to do a backup of your site before updating/changing stuff in it. ;)

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 8:09 am #26042

Thanks for the update.

I’m not quite sure what you mean about a registration link in the confirmation email. When a new user signs up as a paid member, they get redirected to a success page and the email they receive contains their username and password. The registration info is entered along with the credit card info on the Pro Level 1 form – http://notebookgallery.com/membership/

I’ll do an update as soon as possible. Thanks.

Jim

Posted: Saturday Sep 22nd, 2012 at 6:46 am #26100

Ah, that’s right, you’re using the pro-form so the user registers right there. Sorry it slipped my mind. :P

I’ll do an update as soon as possible. Thanks.

Cool. Please let us know if it takes care of the problem. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.