latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Part2 most thorough question ever asked EVER

Home Forums Community Forum Part2 most thorough question ever asked EVER

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 6:46 pm #16297
Joe Mallon
Username: joemallon

I’m going to spend my entire day today going through the tutorials while working on my site as I watch the tutorials. My brother is doing the same..

Almost everything is set up exactly as we want so I’m going to do my best today to figure out the missing pieces with my brother. At the end of our day, we will post – in very thorough detail – every question that we still have in hopes that someone can help us finish up this project so that we can move forward and start making money.

Just a heads: Here are the 2 problems that we’re having trouble with…

Our membership site has 8 modules total (carsalescashmachine.com). The first 2 modules are free (level 0) and modules 3-8 are all paid (levels 1-6). All anyone needs to do to access the first 2 modules is fill out the free form (in either the module 1 sign up page or the module 2 sign up page) – an email confirmation username and password is sent to the subscriber – then the subscriber simply logs in and they can access both modules 1 and 2.

1. This works PERFECTLY if you have a yahoo email but the subscriber never gets the email for their password if they use gmail? Yahoo mail works 100% of the time but we CANNOT get gmail to work?!?! I already submitted this question to the s2member forum which was answered by telling me to follow the instructions found here: (Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems). I went through every step and still can’t get gmail email addresses to receive a confirmation email upon submitting a form. This is problem #1 – Please help me!!

The second problem we’re having is finding 100% clarity in how this is going to work – I will try my best to make this question as clear and concise as possible:

I have Authorize.net setup – modules 1 and 2 are free – modules 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are paid. After completion of module 2, my members must be able to go to module 3 to sign up. Here is where things get confusing.

Lets say in (s2member>Auth.Net Pro-Forms) each of the forms (Authorize.Net Forms For Level #1 Access – through – Authorize.Net Forms For Level #6 Access) or otherwise (Modules 3 – 8) are setup like this:

I want to charge: $50 / One Time (for lifetime access, non-recurring, no trial)

Then I Generate my Form Code for (Authorize.Net Forms For Level #1 Access – through – Authorize.Net Forms For Level #6 Access) and paste those codes individually in my Module 3 Sign Up Page, Module 4 Sign Up Page, Module 5 Sign Up Page, Module 6 Sign Up Page, Module 7 Sign Up Page, and my Module 8 Sign Up Page.

This works perfectly and I completely understand how this works (Note: this works as long as I have a yahoo email address and I’ve already registered for Modules 1 and 2 – this does NOT work right now if you have gmail).

I could leave my site like this (if I could get gmail to work) and everything would be in place. This allows my members to go at the pace that they want by purchasing a new module whenever they’d like…perfect! Now what if I want my modules setup as automatic recurring monthly drafts? Here we go:

Lets say in (s2member>Auth.Net Pro-Forms) each of the forms (Authorize.Net Forms For Level #1 Access – through – Authorize.Net Forms For Level #6 Access) or otherwise (Modules 3 – 8) are setup like this:

I’ll offer the first 0 Days @ $0.00
Then, I want to charge: $50 / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)

This makes it to where you pay for access to Module 3 and you’re in – One month later it charges you again and now you have access to module 4 – Then 5, 6, 7, and 8.

2. Is this correct or not? Yes or no? If yes, then perfect! If no, can you please explain? :)

Now, what happens at the end on module 8 (my last module)? It would make sense in my mind that they would be automatically charged again for module 9 (which doesn’t exist) so should I change the (Authorize.Net Forms For Level #6 Access) from:

I’ll offer the first 0 Days @ $0.00
Then, I want to charge: $50 / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)

To:

I want to charge: $50 / One Time (for lifetime access, non-recurring, no trial)

3. Is this how everyone thats using automatically recurring monthly drafts should set up their final Authorize.Net Form so that the automatic billing stops after their final draft for the final module? Yes or no? If yes, then perfect! If no, can you please explain? :)

Now, what happens if my modules are setup as automatic recurring monthly drafts and someone wants to fast track from module 3 to module 4?

4. Do they have to wait a month for the draft or can they simply fill out the form on module 4 sign up and immediately access module 4? Please be thorough…

5. If they are able to fast track and sign up for module 4 whenever they want, what happens on the next month when that draft for module 4 was initially scheduled to come out? Please be thorough…

That about does it for my Box of Hell… If these descriptions aren’t thorough enough and there’s no one out there to provide detailed answers for my questions, I’m afraid that tall bridges and skyscraper ledges are the only two options in my near future… (Weeeeeeeee!!!!) Jk :)

Thank you kindly for your time,
Joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:09 am #16374
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Joe,

Please see my responses below:

1. This works PERFECTLY if you have a yahoo email but the subscriber never gets the email for their password if they use gmail? Yahoo mail works 100% of the time but we CANNOT get gmail to work?!?! I already submitted this question to the s2member forum which was answered by telling me to follow the instructions found here: (Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems). I went through every step and still can’t get gmail email addresses to receive a confirmation email upon submitting a form. This is problem #1 – Please help me!!

This would indicate problems with your server sending email to Gmail’s servers. If Yahoo works 100% of the time and Gmail works 0% of the time, then there is no problem with s2Member sending emails, but with the server delivering them. Have you tried using the WP SMTP plugin (as described here) to configure an SMTP server for sending email? If so, have you tried setting your From address in WordPress and s2Member to use a Gmail address and then use the Gmail SMTP servers for sending email?

This makes it to where you pay for access to Module 3 and you’re in – One month later it charges you again and now you have access to module 4 – Then 5, 6, 7, and 8.

2. Is this correct or not? Yes or no? If yes, then perfect! If no, can you please explain? :)

If you want to automatically provide access to new content based on the amount of time that has passed, you’ll need to use Content Dripping (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping). There is currently no way to link a specific successful recurring payment to the release of new content (you could add this functionality with some custom programming by hooking into the the IPN messages, but that would be a bit complex).

Now, what happens if my modules are setup as automatic recurring monthly drafts and someone wants to fast track from module 3 to module 4?

4. Do they have to wait a month for the draft or can they simply fill out the form on module 4 sign up and immediately access module 4? Please be thorough…

If you’re using the content dripping explained earlier, then yes, they’ll need to wait a month. However, the way around this is to combine content dripping with a conditional that also checks if they have a specific Custom Capability on their account. Then, you can either manually add the custom capability to their account to give them access immediately, or they can purchase access using Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms or Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms.

5. If they are able to fast track and sign up for module 4 whenever they want, what happens on the next month when that draft for module 4 was initially scheduled to come out? Please be thorough…

Again, recurring monthly payments are not linked to the release of content. You can use content dripping to release content based on the amount of time that has passed since the user signed up. If they get early access to the content, they’ll simply continue to have access after the allotted time has passed.

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 5:45 am #16424

This thread is a duplicate of a post in another thread: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/i-have-built-myself-into-a-box-of-hell/#post-16293

There I suggested using the rrt attribute for the pro-form, removing the demotion on EOT and using the payments notification with a script that changes the user’s role.

I’ll close this one to continue the conversation in one place. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.